A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invitation Anxiety! Image heavy.  (Read 11233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

TheSueb
« on: June 10, 2008 02:34:35 PM »

help!

I did these save the dates with a spinning wheel built in and got tons of complements. Now everyone is expecting the invites to knock their socks off. OOFH. I'm stressing out how to make the invitations as fun and creative. I think I've just been thinking about it too long, but I'd appreciate everyone's advice. I have about 2 weeks before I need to start getting these printed and out the door.

Here is the save the date & wheel:

here's the back of the wheel so you can see how it worked:

My idea for the invite was to do a long business size, and have three different sized papers placed with the birds on them so the birds would cut off, but then be ghosted on the next page. The pages would be fastened with a rivit so they could swirl to reveal the next, slightly longer page.

But I am torn between this style:

Version A: Which my sister says looks too "cowboy-y in our names".

Version B: Which I think is a little too dark and gloomy:

This is how the inside will work:
Middle page is a postcard that can be torn out (the nub that is left will stay and has repeat info, like the date and place.

Last page are directions

Ok - am i being too crazy? I want to keep the style of the STD, but I'm just not 100% happy with the invitation like i was with the STD. I need some advice, or some inspiration, or some slapping around - or maybe all three.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I would appreciate any input!

P.S. Here are the temporary tattoos we are handing out at the reception. I'm actually happy with these and don't need to change them at all - so I'm not altogether crazy!

Of course there won't be a white background since it will go directly on your skin like a normal temp. tattoo.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008 02:39:23 PM by TheSueb - Reason: additional photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008 02:52:01 PM »

those are all so cool Smiley i like version A for the invites because the style is more consistent, and like you said, less gloomy.

I am in love with the tattoo Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Kpooh
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008 03:04:08 PM »

I like version A & I dont think they look 'cowboy-y' at all.  Love the idea you used for the STD too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittenbonanza
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008 03:10:13 PM »

I like A. Goes better with the save the date cards. If the invites and temporary tattoos are any indication, your wedding is going to be bad ass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008 03:18:28 PM »

why dont you just use the fancy font on the second version and use it on the first version instead of the cowboy-y font? Not that I think its cowboy-y but if you think so..
I also think your ideas are fabulous. Really ingenius and I wish you lots of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008 04:05:28 PM »

i vote A as it goes with the STD and the faux tattoos. if your papers are any indication, you two are super cute and i wish you the best!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008 05:18:48 PM »

i vote for A...it just fits better than the second one

the faux tat..where did you get that? lol..i need to start compiling ideas for either a vow renewal or a REALLY big birthday party for me and my hubby
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
beehart
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008 05:45:53 PM »

those tattoos are such a good idea!   my friend's getting married in march and was looking for something this clever for favors....can i ask where you got them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSueb
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008 06:23:37 PM »

Thanks guys! I'm glad to hear that the font isn't too "cowboy-y". My sister is a goofus and I've just worked so much on it that I can't make rational decisions anymore.

those tattoos are such a good idea!   my friend's getting married in march and was looking for something this clever for favors....can i ask where you got them?

I actually designed the tattoos in Illustrator. I got the clipart from www.istock.com, brought them in and added the names. The birds are from istock too. You can make anything, create a PDF and upload it to www-temporarytattoos.com. I think we are paying $80 for 500 2"x2" tattoos or something close to that.

Martha Stewart has some other basic templates that you can print out on tattoo paper and run through an inkjet printer.

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=fc2bce908332f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=tattoo&rsc=header_1

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008 06:24:57 PM »

you have filled me with happiness...thank you! and congrats on your impending nuptials
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Updated Yardbird
Tute Tuesday: Apple Cozy
What The World Needs Now...

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...