A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
172 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Seed Savers Swap  (Read 719 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Prickly Venus
« on: June 09, 2008 03:26:55 PM »

Does anyone here grow heirloom veggies? If so, save those seeds as the season progresses, and maybe we could have a seed swap this fall. No store bought seeds, only from veggies grown by you personally. I am growing out 2 kinds of pumpkins, 2 kinds of summer squash, and 3 kinds of winter squash, plus two kinds of tomatoes and two kinds of peppers. I am also doing purple carrots, but those usually take 2 years to make seeds. Oh, and 2 kinds of melons as well. Mmhhmm. Flower seeds would also be welcome as long as you grew and collected them yourself. I might even have some Tarahumara black and blue beans, but it depends on if I can save enough v.s. eating them. If you are a keeper of heirloom veggies, stay tuned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008 06:36:57 AM »

Mmmm, veggies. I wish I had a place to grow veggies. I don't think my window box would cut it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Prickly Venus
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008 08:35:41 AM »

actually, depending on how large you window box is, ther might be several kinds you can grow. You can probably do cherry tomaotes for sure, and maybe some peppers and scallions, and herbs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008 12:43:04 PM »

It isn't very big. I have a baby Christmas tree in there, and I would have some herbs, someone (eyes boyfriend) let them die while I was out of town. I'm going to get some more of them soon though. But it'll only hold about 3 things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008 12:46:43 PM »

i grow scallions in a 4 inch pot, and my window is all of 4 inches wide and 15 inches long (i have 6) and they are all growning plants successfully, next spring im aiming for more veggies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Prickly Venus
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008 10:11:15 AM »

i grow scallions in a 4 inch pot, and my window is all of 4 inches wide and 15 inches long (i have 6) and they are all growning plants successfully, next spring im aiming for more veggies

It is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Even growing sprouts is a kind of gardening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008 03:32:07 PM »

I usually harvest my purple hyacinth beans seeds every year and I will be harvesting my mutant rudbekia flower seeds (in hopes of getting more of a mutant plant next year Wink)
I might be up for a fall seed swap.  A too bad it isn't spring yet swap - but just in time for those of us that plant our seeds in the middle of winter for spring planting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
E.D.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008 10:19:01 AM »

This sounds like fun.  Right now I am growing some heirloom tomatoes.  They're really quite unique the leaves look more like potatoe leaves than tomato leaves.  The tomatoes are huge.  I call them Joe's Giants - named after the gentleman that gave them to me I have no idea what they are truly called but they are great.  Can you send seeds across the border?  I live in Canada.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...