A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 311,825
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some dollies from "Creepy Cute Crochet"  (Read 5664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThatNanda
« on: June 07, 2008 07:09:04 PM »

I picked up a copy of "Creepy Cute Crochet" by Christen Haden a few weeks ago, and I think it's safe to say that I'm thoroughly addicted.  

I made the Cthulu (he was the whole reason I bought the book, actually.)

The Amazon

The Monkey (I was away from home, without any red yarn or gold embroidery floss, so I'm not entirely happy with how this one came out.)

And using the Cthulu and Corporate Zombie patterns, plus a little inovation of my own, I made Dr. Zoidberg!

I also made a purple devil and the ninja, but I gave them away before I got a chance to take photos, sadly.  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008 08:56:22 AM by ThatNanda » THIS ROCKS   Logged
clrowi
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008 08:59:11 PM »

Zoidberg rocks. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Junior_Mint

Must eat all the Pocky!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008 10:49:56 PM »

The guy in my knitting group would LOVE that Zoidberg adaptation you made.  Awesome job all around! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThatNanda
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008 08:17:25 AM »

Yeah, my guy friends love the Zoidberg.  I made him for my husband, actually, who was quite pleased.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wawamommy
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008 08:31:07 AM »

I love your Zoidberg!  I actually giggled, he`s so cute!  And I think your monkey is adorable too.  Great job on all of them!  I`m off to ebay to see if I can`t get that book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008 02:07:44 PM »

Very cute. I have this book too and I've been wanting to make the Cthulhu, but haven't time. I love your Zoidberg innovation. I may have to try that. Great work on all of them!  I haven't been ambitious enough to try making the clay eyes yet, but yours turned out really well!

We have a crochet-along started for this book here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249190.0 Feel free to join us if you're interested  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
ThatNanda
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008 05:18:02 PM »

Very cute. I have this book too and I've been wanting to make the Cthulhu, but haven't time. I love your Zoidberg innovation. I may have to try that. Great work on all of them!  I haven't been ambitious enough to try making the clay eyes yet, but yours turned out really well!

We have a crochet-along started for this book here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249190.0 Feel free to join us if you're interested  Smiley

Thanks for the heads up!  Btw, I made my eyes out of felt, not clay.  I'm far too impatient for clay.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008 06:20:06 AM »

Dr Zoidberg looks awesome! The monkey is super cute. I love his expression. You did an awesome job with all of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cat9

I've got a hook and I'm not afraid to use it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008 06:26:05 AM »

Yay! These are great! I have never seen this book, and how I have to go track down a copy for the monkey, nevermind all the other great stuff Smiley

I think yours are just fabulous. They're certainly a great advertisement for the book Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThatNanda
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008 02:55:05 PM »

I managed to get a picture of the purple devil.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Croissant Bread Pudding
@Home This Weekend: DIY Side Table
May 17, 2017 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...