A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 319,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotee Doll Mini Art Doll Gallery  (Read 63150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2008 03:33:29 PM »

Ok, I have FINALLY fixed the doll crafty_dame sent me, and I'm posting pictures.  I'm so sorry for the wait, crafty_dame... I have had an immense amount of crap going on the past few days (my step-daughter was visiting, then she left, then it was my brother's birthday)... anyway, I didn't know what order you had previously had the beads in, so I kind of put them on in a bit of a random order! 

Without further ado...

and this one shows the color of the fabric a bit better... it's the kind that "changes" colors when you move it around - forgive me, because I can't think of what it's called!  ARGH! 

and you can also see her sequined "hair" here - too cute!  She reminds me of Lucy, and I love Lucy.   Cheesy

Thank you so much, crafty_dame!  She looks stunning, and I'm amassing a nice collection on my crafting desk!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2008 03:34:51 PM »

Wow- love that printed face, she's really cute isn't she?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2008 05:23:16 PM »

I love the printed faces also - call me crazy but I thought of making mini-me dotees for my mom, and sisters and friends, as a joke but also to show off new- found dotee-making and embellishing skills. Some food for thought....great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
michelleames

August 6, 2005

« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2008 05:27:15 PM »

crafty_dame, did you hand paint that face on there?  It looks like Deborah Kerr (from "The King and I" and "An Affair to Remember" fame).

It's freaking awesome!

I am SO in awe of all the talent in this group!  I definitely want in on the next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2008 05:35:04 PM »

Those are beautiful, and what a great idea to make the printed faces.  I have been trying to learn how but all mine come out really pale, sort of washed out looking.  Gotta figure out how to get them to print out with those nice rich colors.  I also love the imagery of the oh-so-properly-groomed ladies being morphed with the doll bodies that are all funkadelic beaded and sequined and wild colors and shapes.  It is sort of scandalous. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
woobie
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2008 05:53:49 PM »

crafty_dame, did you hand paint that face on there?  It looks like Deborah Kerr (from "The King and I" and "An Affair to Remember" fame).

I was trying to place that face.. I think you're right!

Man.. I want a Bette Davis dotee now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michelleames

August 6, 2005

« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2008 06:15:06 PM »

Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn would be great dotee faces, too!

And just think of the funky doll you could make with an Amy Winehouse face!  LOL Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BertaBerta
Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2008 06:23:49 PM »

Just 'cause I'm vain, I thought I'd post a clearer shot of the doll I sent to goodnorevil  Wink

The hair yarn is actually spun from shreds of batik fabric plied with embroidery floss.  I made a big hippy patchwork batik skirt that left me with tons of beautiful batik slivers from my serger, so I spun them up.  It just made a few yards of yarn, so hair seemed like the perfect application.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bold, One of a Kind Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns: bertaberta.etsy.com
squirrelgirl

I'm a hot pink llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2008 08:10:09 PM »

First is this serene little lady from saragoodman3. I love the face on this one. It looks very content.

Next up is my doll from Gingerquilts. Gingerquilts pm'ed me too see if it was ok to send me a Dia de los Muertos style Dotee. I said, "yeah, of course!" While the other dolls she made are super beautiful, I'm really glad Gingerquilts made this one for me. It is totally my style!

Next is the Dotee I received from Sewphie (thanks for the candy too! It was REALLY good.) I love the little jingle jangles on the bottom!

The next one is from ursuladiamond. But you probably could tell that already because her Dotees' are so unique. I love the colors on the fringe and for some reason it makes me think of "Monster's Inc." Maybe it is the one eyeball.?

Last, but not least, from Lmcbride. The wings on these are so neat.

Thanks for all the beauties! This was such a fun swap and a beautiful gallery to look at!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart comics! Visit my store website!
http://www.guapocomicsandbooks.com/

EL WISTO:
http://www.wists.com/alliemaries
Fruitloops
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2008 08:19:23 PM »

OMG all the dolls are gorgeous!!! Sorry I've been away, my little guy has been having some problems and we've been busy with appointments and cranky toddler Sad

Here's a group shot of all my girls

close up of the one from Smmarrt

and from jpoparock
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...