A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I finally found you Crafty Aussie's.  (Read 3535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cats-rockin-crochet
« on: June 06, 2008 08:22:11 AM »

I've been lurking around the internet for almost a year now and I have finally come across an Aussie specific craft board. My specialty is crochet, although I am an accomplished  knitter.
I live in the south eastern area of Victoria, in my time on the net, I have come across only one or two fellow Aussie's. So I am glad that I have finally found you.
I hold out little hope that I will find many who crochet, as it is obvious that it is not a very popular craft here in OZ.
I always knew how to make the basic granny square, but I could not read a pattern. Almost a year ago now, I scoured the internet for information and taught myself more about the art of crochet. Since then I have accomplished so much including writing my own patterns and sharing them for free.
An important lesson I learned very early in the peace was UK and US terms were different, I have read so many US patterns, that I find myself writing in these terms, they seem to make a little more sense some how.
I invite you all to view my blog to see my crochet. I don't ramble on too much (unless it's a pattern) and I have plenty of picture's that relate to crochet. I'd love to hear from some fellow Aussie's and I am always available to assist in any way.
Cheers Cat.
http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cats-rockin-crochet
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008 03:43:48 AM »

Well I think I'll just talk to myself here..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLittleDevil
Mostly harmless

the tooth fairy is a mountain devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008 04:03:32 AM »

Welcome to Craftster, now you've found where the cool Aussies are hanging out on the internet. Wink

I know there are a few Australian knitters that lurk around here, not sure how many crochet. You've got some nice stuff on your blog. (except for the picture of the huntsman spider, yeeeuuuch!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmd32
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008 05:31:56 AM »

Well, congrats on teaching yourself to crochet by reading!! Tis a skill I sorely lack. Tongue I can crochet a couple stitches, increase and reduce, and that's about it. And forget reading any dang pattern. I need to pin my friends down (I actually have two friends who crochet, and well, too!) and get them to teach me!

BTW...apparently there are several whole Aussie only craftblog rings out there! I've seen a few of them around, though I haven't investigated very closely yet. I think Jodie/RicRac is involved with a few. Smiley Or maybe I have that wrong. I dunno. But she's got a cool site, anyway. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cats-rockin-crochet
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008 05:40:23 AM »

So nice to hear from you both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coraline
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008 08:04:31 AM »

Haha, I'd love to learn how to Crochet as well, but I've yet to find the time to teach myself or ask someone to teach me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jacquiw
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008 09:13:36 PM »

Great to see another Aussie crocheter on here, you do some great stuff Cat. I have been fighting an uphill battle with people who think crochet is done by grannies who can't knit.I belong to a number of online groups but there are 2 Aussie groups I am happy to recommend on is Oz crochet on MSN and the other is called  Knit4charities on yahoo. I am in Toowoomba Qld and there are a few crocheters in the district who are also on Crochetville and CrochetPartners as well. I am a member of Ravelry also and we have a huge community of crocheters and designers on there are you a member?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008 09:19:04 PM by jacquiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008 12:05:53 AM »

Welcome to craftster  Smiley

Always a pleasure to discover more Aussie craftsters
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimski
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008 06:03:18 PM »

I recommend http://www.ravelry.com/.

It's a knitting and crochet social networking site.

It's got Australian Knitting and Crochet groups. You may have to join a queue to join, but it doesn't take long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nessva
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008 03:20:07 AM »

Hi as well!

I'm a sewer, but I do remember doing cross stitch in late primary school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...