A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wiccan crafts?  (Read 14168 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
firepixie
ska-gypsy, my favorite colors are jingly and checkerboard

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2005 09:45:10 PM »

ive noticed a few wiccan related crafts on here, but i noticed they didnt really have any certain place to put them........i didnt think this would be the right place for this topic, but it seemed good enough.....im going to post pics of a salt dish i made once i get it glazed well......any other wiccan/pagan/neopagan crafters on here who would be willing to post their creations???

stargirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

once upon a time in the land of flowers and rhyme and living was easy with eyes wide open a young girl flew all about the world shutting her eyes and smiling for no reason- Jke "the lost poet" johnson
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005 05:47:29 AM »

I'm a pagan - somewhat eclectic - probably a lot green witch - and I am continually making things. My dearest friend is always giving me the sweetest little crafts - a twig that was curved and she turned into a beautiful pentagram for me with embroidery floss, beads and a bit of time. For Imbolc she gifted me a Brigid's Cross made out of watercolor paper - she didn't have straw - I teased her a bit because she's a farmer!
I also made a winter witch hat - knitted with Lamb's Pride Bulky, long straight part at the bottom and a decrease 3 in a round, knit 3 rounds plain, until I had 1 stitch left. I felted mine and it flops over in a really cute way - I've had a good 7 or 8 other people ask for 1 and I've been bartering for really cool stuff. The next one I made was felted and stands up perfectly straight!
I've also been making  a Book of Shadows, in several volumes, out of altered books! I found a Born Again book and just adapted it to Born Again Pagan - I'm almost having too much fun!
I've made amulet bags, both knot and beaded......
My kids are at a Waldorf school and make some of the most incredible seasonal art - they made lanterns out of red and yellow watercolor paintings they had made.
I have a digital camera, but digging it out and all will take a bit, did I mention I'm in seminary at the moment for UU?
I found some great little wire dollhouse chairs at the dollar store that we are using for fairy chairs on the family altar - not sure if that was too much, too little, or completely not what you were thinking of.........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
firepixie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005 06:54:27 PM »

that was exactly what i was looking for.......those all sound like really awesome ideas, i cant wait for you to post pics....that is....if ya want......im kinda disappointed there has only been one reply

stargirl the skagirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

once upon a time in the land of flowers and rhyme and living was easy with eyes wide open a young girl flew all about the world shutting her eyes and smiling for no reason- Jke "the lost poet" johnson
goat
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005 01:02:06 PM »

I'm not wiccan, but my best friend is.

A few years ago we made her a wand out of a stick we found lying in my yard (not sure what type of wood it is). Basically, we cut off all the knots, peeled off the outer "skin," and sanded it down. I think later she put oil on it too. It looked awesome because the inner wood was very swirly and mottled, and it gave it a rustic natural feel.

I think she also tie-dyed a ritual cloth--an altar cloth? It was just a small plain white tablecloth and she did black tie-dye. I've been trying to convince her to batik a starry night pattern, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005 09:31:45 AM »

I also made a wand in a similar way - Mine  had knots and I carved those out and intend to put some stones in them - Mom is a jeweler so I'm going to ask her for help.........
I just started the star baby blanket - it's on craftster - I'm using this beautiful cream/pink/orange yarn that is wonderful - just not something I would ever wear - someone said it looked like it would make a beautiful altar cloth over a dark underlay - I was also trying to figure out how it could be filled after the star is done, with a different color to look more like a pentagram - not sure I'll do it because I'm really liking the star.
I also used the idea of a cosmic rosary and adapted it to a more pagan rosary - divided into four sections, one for each element.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
goat
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005 08:51:07 PM »

What's a cosmic rosary? Or a pagan rosary for that matter... I don't even know how regular rosaries work. *facedesk*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005 01:55:13 PM »

The premise is that many major religions have some kind of a string of beads that they use for prayer or meditation. The cosmic rosary is an adaptation without any specific religious ties. If you do a Google search, there is a webpage that explains it much more eloquently than I can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agnes Whistling Elk
goat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005 06:48:21 PM »

That's cool. Rosaries are pretty, too. I would wear one. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firepixie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005 08:30:04 AM »

Could you post pictures of you pagan rosary when you get it finished....this interests me much!!!!...........i was going to make a skull necklace out of clay like the one Kali wears (i consider this wiccan/pagan as opposed to hindu because Kali is my matron goddess and i dont really follow the teachings of hindu) its coming along pretty well.........if anyone wants, ill post pics of it when its glazed and everything...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005 07:07:24 PM »

Kali pegged you too?!?! She's a tough one to live with!!
I have a pciture of her on my wallpaper at the moment - Santana Society I think is the site~!
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...