A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
316 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First ever digital scrapbooking page!  (Read 1660 times)
Tags for this thread: digital_scrapbooking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
funkyfuzz

My first Sock Monkey: Hand Sewn and proud of it.^^

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008 11:57:49 AM »

It's still in its infancy, meaning Im not quite finished with the page, but wanted some feeback. It's for my friend Emma, (far bottom right) who is moving to Minnesota this summer. I wanted her to remember everyone here in MD when she is gone, so i am going to make her this, and possible have my own copy. Thanks for looking! Oh, and the picture is for some reason very choppy, however, it isn't actually like that!!! Here is the URL if you would like to see it non-choppy: http://usera.imagecave.com/rachelisawsum/Emma1.png

It's bland at the moment, and I am MOST definnitely NOT done with this page, but I posted it anyways. The box is where people will sign it. The size is 8" x 8" and will print out that way, but for some reason is shaped smaller on my computer... maybe not on yours, though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 11:59:38 AM by funkyfuzz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xoknb125
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 12:37:31 PM »

Before applying elements to the image, do some photo editing first.

If you used Photoshop (which I'm assuming, or Paintshop Pro) just fool around with the levels, curves and brightness/contrast and use your best judgment when doing so, meaning make still look realistic and not too contrasty / too dark. You want the photo to look digitally created too....if you get what I mean.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 12:39:37 PM by xoknb125 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyfuzz

My first Sock Monkey: Hand Sewn and proud of it.^^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008 01:13:45 PM »

I don't really understand. Huh I do editing images for some sites, and all I did here was use a texture underneath and blend in my photo, then just use a gradient overlay using the color of the text (which is also the color of the shirt of the girl in the upper left corner)

Do you mean I should take off the Gradient overlay? I did that to make the image more interesting...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 01:15:19 PM by funkyfuzz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Luna1375
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008 07:32:51 PM »

Personally, I like the grid thing, but the overall pink tint is bothering me. It's like when you're wearing tinted sunglasses all day, and then when you finally take them off, the whole world looks so much more vivid since you don't have that tint in the way. It's such a great picture, it's so rare to get so many people in a shot and no one looks bad!  I just want to see it not so obscured, you know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...