A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
165 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cricut Reviews....?  (Read 11253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

landofoz
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009 07:43:56 PM »

I purchased the paper doll cart from ohmycrafts (they have a HUGE ebay business under the same name, FYI) and I got my cart in under a week.  Works well and I have no complaints. 

I love my cricut!!  I have the small one (personal) and it's wonderful.  The paper doll cart is so much fun and has tons of extras on it.  For instance, I bought it because it has dinosaurs on it that I used for my daughter's birthday invites.  It also has tons of castles, pirate ships, halloween costumes, etc.  It is awesome.  I just picked up a couple carts at Hobby Lobby (2 for 89.99--not too bad) my favorite is Stretch the Imagination.  You can make some very cool cards with this cart!!  I also have Storybook which has those awesome swirly doo-dads that are popular now.  I love swirly thingies and letters, so this is a perfect cart for me.

I hope that you get one and that you love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lylacfey
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009 06:26:27 PM »

When people always ask me what cartridge is a must have for the Cricut I always recommend Paper Dolls because it so versatile.  Even if you are not into paper dolls that cartridge is it for all the extras.  It has a freaking volcano, lol.  How cool is that? 

I love Stretch Your Imagination & Storybook.

I bought Tinkerbell & Friends this weekend.  I love it one of the cutest cartridges ever.  The flowers & butterflies are adorable. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
lilmissdangerous
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009 07:17:50 PM »

I just got my cricut last week, but I will say that I am already in love with it. I also got SCAL and inkscape the day I got my cricut, which I think has improved my overall satisfaction with it. I will say that being able to design my own things to cut is way more fun than just cutting from my carts. I have George which came with it and Accent Essentials.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009 05:57:13 AM »

I absolutely adore SCAL.  I use it all the time when I want to design something.  I am a cart addict too.  It's very sad, lol.  I am one of the girls on the Cricut board when the question gets asked how many carts do you own?  Your reading through it and they are naming these crazy high numbers.  You think there is no way they own that many.  Yes, they do, I know my count is on those posts, lol.

I love mixing SCAL with my cartridges.  It is so much fun. I am a die cut junkie. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchcrafty
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009 01:55:03 PM »

I love my Cricut Expression. It's so easy to use. I've done two rooms  with vinyl wall art using it. I've got SCAL, which I'm okay with. I suck at Inkscape. I wish it was Photoshop compatible. SCAL crashes every now and then. It's like it gets hung up and I have to close everything and restart it.

Other than the huge learning curve for Inkscape, I'm really in love with all the possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From handmaiden to handmade.
lylacfey
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009 02:49:32 AM »

WitchCrafty- You can use Adobe just save it as an SVG.  I think that is what we are supposed to do if I can remember right from the SCAL Yahoo Group.  It should import fine (crossing fingers).  Yes, SCAL does crash a lot on some computers.  I am one of them. I save every ten seconds now, lol. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dorkgrl26

I'm just me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010 08:57:42 AM »

I have a cricut expression and I absolutely love it!! I use it all the time to make scrapbook pages and cards and anything out of paper. If he is gonna sweeten the deal, definitely get the expression! As for cartridges, I don't have that many but the ones I do have I LOVE! i use them all the time. My recommendations for font cartridges (which will cut letters and some basic shapes) are Alphalicious, Storybook, and Hello Kitty.

Alphalicious is very versatile and can be used for almost any type of page. It was the first cartridge I bought after I got the expression and I used it for quite some time before I bought another.Storybook has kind of fancy letters but i use it all the time regardless. Hello Kitty font really has nothing to do with Hello Kitty, just different types of really nice letter designs. It has a few hello kitty designs as well if you like her and want to cut some out for your scrapbook.

I also got Accent essentials and Plantin School Book with the cricut machine when I got it last year. All cricut expression packages come with those two cartridges I believe, and they are also good cartridges. I love accent essentials, it has a lot of fun graphics you can cut out and use. Plantin School Book is like a times new roman font. I use it on the "tall" setting and it's cute as well.

Hope this helps with cartridge stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So don't take anything for granted, stand outside in the rain. An excuse, you know I planned it. Every ending ends all the same...

http://www.wists.com/dorkgrl26
Carrie_Stephens

Carrie Stephens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010 11:56:31 AM »

I want one but, I am worried that I am not going to use it Sad   I tend to do that a lot! LOL   
Now, Before I get one I am definitely going to look more into the Sure Cuts a Lot software.  It sounds amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Carrie Stephens
Blog: http://www.carries.typepad.com
lylacfey
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010 10:58:51 PM »

I know I posted a lot on this thread. I still stand behind every thing I said. The more advance I have gotten with die cutter's the more I find the Cricut to be limiting. Now, this is just me. Cricut is releasing five new cutter's in the next two years. So, I have a feeling some of these cutter's are going to be extremely advanced. Then I will think of upgrading if it "Wows!" me. Right now I am really happy using my BossKut Gazelle and my Cricut Create. I scaled way back. Right now the die cutting industry is really vying for customers. You can get excellent deals on the Cricut. Pazzles is running a great deal right now $100 for a Pazzle and then spend $20-$40 for two years of their gallery and special forum.

I can't rave enough about the Gazelle. Also if you look on Ebay you can find great knock-off cutter's with higher grams of pressure for around $400 that cut at 56 inches in width. These actually use the Cricut "Roland" blades.

Die cutting is now like buying a sewing machine. Get what is perfect for you. Any questions don't be afraid to ask. You can even PM me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...