A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cricut Reviews....?  (Read 11254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Beadbakery
« on: May 24, 2008 09:12:36 AM »

My boyfriend is in the market for a new motorcycle and in order to sweeten the deal for me he has agreed that I should/need a Cricut machine (I'm pushing for the Expressions model)

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a nightmare with theirs or if everyone is totally in love??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mir
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008 08:05:44 PM »

i don't have a first-hand review, but my fella's mother has one (he would say: "oh, that printer-looking thing?  it has those funky little cartridge things, right?  she's ALWAYS using that!"  Tongue) and she loves it.  i don't know which model she has exactly, but i know she's never had a complaint, and i can at least testify that the scrapbooks she makes always look gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gentle Quiet
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008 02:00:05 PM »

I'd love to find out more about these machines too.  I found the best deal so far at Walmart.  I'm also wondering if people have any recommendations for cartridges.  Which ones are nice?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008 02:11:35 PM »

i would say if he is getting a motor cycle, you should push for a pazzles machine (technically i have the wishblade, but from what i hear, the pazzles is more user friendly)

the cricut is awesome, and i am actually going to get one (just for the DIsney stuff) but after a while 30-60 for a cartridge everytime i wanna change fonts is ALOT more than the 450 my wishblade cost...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
kealot
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008 07:01:24 PM »

I have a cricut and I LOVE it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beadbakery
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008 08:51:19 PM »

Well i did get the Cricut expressions and I believe my crafting addiction has reached a whole new level!! I went to work 3 days in a row with bags under my eyes, my co-workers asked if I was ok, I said "I'm just tired up all night playing with my new cricut" They just don't understand the joy of a "paper cutting machine" (as one non-craft person referred to it as)

I did get it at Wal-mart b/c it was $100 cheaper then Michaels and i didn't want to buy it online in case something was to go wrong and I had to return it.  I live in Canada so Wal-mart and Michaels were my only opinions for getting my hands on a bug.

Now I'm trying to convince my BF that I need a cuttlebug to emboss with....did I mention I have a crafty-tool problem??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boadicea
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008 06:49:28 PM »

I got one when a new software program came out that allowed me to use all the fonts and dingbats on my computer. I have a mac and that's always been a problem with the digital diecut machines. Anyway, there's a program called Sure Cuts a Lot that lets you use what you've already got. No buying cartidges. I make lots of files to cut on it too. It's a great machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008 09:08:58 AM »

I love my cricut!  The BEST place for cheap carts is EBay!  I have gotten a few for $30 each.  MY favorite is the Bags, Tag & More.  I also got Doodle Charms but haven't really gotten to play around with that one.  I really wanted the zoo one with all the animals, but that one is HARD to get!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 09:12:24 AM by beadgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnbreezes
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009 10:28:10 AM »

Put me on the list of those who love their Cricut.  At first I bought a lot of cartridges but then I went to my local scrapbooking store and found out that they rent out the cartridges.  No more having to buy carts for me.   Grin

Now I can't imagine cardmaking or scrapbooking without my cricut. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buckleigh
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009 09:27:13 AM »

LOVE LOVE LOVE our Cricut, but dude, how awesome that you can RENT catridges!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...