A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 120601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2008 10:47:01 PM »

I have been following this thread and now I feel I need to stand up for starving children in Africa. My feeling is that it is good that some people care more about animals and some people care more about starving children. It takes all kinds, but I feel the need to point out that starving children in Africa don't ask to be in that position, so they deserve our help too.

Please note, I am not making judgments. I don't think there is anything wrong with caring more about animals.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008 11:58:30 AM by hoxierice - Reason: clarification » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
epic1313
« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2008 11:53:26 PM »

Myspace-Cat: haha. I have a friend who totally made a myspace for his cat. And she is totally in his top 8. I say, have fun with life and gof or it.

Anorexia/Bulemia: I am sure that you are gorgeous. If you don't love yourself, how can anyone else?

Teeth brushin: Totally me too. Once I get in bed I don't ever feel like moving to brush them. And tonight is probably going to one of those times. haha. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Makeup since 85: I love that photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2008 05:52:44 AM »

I have been following this thread and now I feel I need to stand up for starving children in Africa. My feeling is that it is good that some people care more about animals and some people care more about starving children. It takes all kinds, but I feel the need to point out that starving children in Africa don't ask to be in that position, so they deserve our help too.

I'm really quite glad you posted... I'm not taking part in this round, mainly due to the amount of judging that took place in a previous round, but I do feel the need to point out something quite simple...

If they don't have kids, who will work? Who will look after the elderly? Who will fetch water, food, medication from miles away, each and every day?

Seriously, it's not like they have cars, NHS/welfare, someone handing them cash/food each day, and aside from all of this WE screwed them over, and caused many of the problems they're now battling! (African debt, African politics, pretty much a Western creation)

It's one thing not to care, it's one thing to care about animals more, we each choose our own concerns, but really, they stop having kids, they die anyway
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: June 17, 2008 07:56:58 AM »

teeth: I feel this way sometimes too.

friends: I know it hurts to not have lots of friends, but then, sometimes less is more. Its nicer to have a smaller, closer bunch of friends than a whole bunch of barely-known "friends".

myspace-cat: Go for it! I know someone who made their pullip a myspace so why not go and give your cat one?

make-up: Wow! thats a long time! Love the picture though!

kiss: Its nothing to be ashamed about. My best friend is 20 and is yet to have her first kiss, a fact she's proud of.

superstar: Thats pretty cool. I don't think my parents expect me to be anything more than myself.

feeling like this: I feel like a toad every morning before showering and making myself tidy.

anoerexia + bulimia: I used to have an eating disorder, a serious one, and these days I consider myself fat too, but then, I see others who are much larger than me and I feel guilty about it. Still, wish I could shift the podge that gathers around my stomach, back and thighs.

future: I like this card. It doesn't matter if you screw up because life has a way of providing you a way to make things better, if you take the chance.

sings: I hate my flat-mates voice when she sings, and she sings a lot. I don't have the heart to tell her she sucks though because she has the impression she's a good singer.

smarter: I know I'm smarter than my friends and family. Its just impossible not to be with most of them.

proposal: I wonder how this turned out... Kind of a bad thing to do in my opinion though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
sparrowlegs
« Reply #464 on: June 17, 2008 08:27:48 AM »

I am not in this swap but I have enjoyed the secrets,
can I just say people have given us the chance to see their secrets and some are very personal some are blunt, some are funny!

as for Africa, this person has had the guts to say it, they didnt say they never gave did they...so please lets not start a judging debate over this.
some of these secrets are so amazing and many relate to myself
thanks everyone who has had the guts to do it
I want in on the next one ! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a sheep, I dont follow....
AND please be aware, I am in England, so my spellings and sayings may seem a lil bit weird lol
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #465 on: June 17, 2008 08:36:15 AM »

Myspace cat- My Dog totally has a myspace. For two reasons. 1 it was funny. 2. I dislike myspace but wanted a way to keep up with my friends.
I need to update her blog but she just doesn't do much. tear things up. sleep, eat. Not much to talk about. lol.
Go for it and make your cat one! And when you do have her look up Khindi. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not super active, but still crafting and post lots on facebook.
sweaterbrau
« Reply #466 on: June 17, 2008 08:41:38 AM »

This swap is all about exposing your secrets...things that you keep to yourself and are personal to you that you don't go blabbing to everyone. Secrets tend to touch a nerve with other people and everyone should be mature enough to understand that about this swap. You put your secrets out there anonymously to get them off your chest and to open up discussion about them. I have read what people have had to say about my secrets, and their opinion is their opinion. We all think and perceive differently so I won't be offended if you don't agree with what I have to say.

As far as for one of the previous posters saying that she didn't participate in this round due to the judging that takes place (...is her response to the Africa card NOT judging?), I have felt nothing but love and support from all the craftsters here! I am so glad I got to share my secrets with all of you and see that maybe my secrets aren't so unique to me and that others share them! This has been a fantastic swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #467 on: June 17, 2008 08:47:25 AM »

I agree with how_german ... this isn't the time to judge people for their secret it's to reflect your opinion, you don't have to judge them for what the reveal, just say how you feel (not about how you feel about how they feel) and leave it at that.

I also agree that this has been a wonderful swap to be in, and I think all the secrets are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #468 on: June 17, 2008 09:12:44 AM »

i wish all the judging was done silently. 

[/opinion]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: June 17, 2008 09:28:25 AM »

Dad - I'm so sorry! Maybe he is here, somewhere?

Resent - My dad is that way. He buys all this stuff for himself, but then complains about how he doesn't have any money. My BF's dad is the same way. When he NEEDED a car (his pretty much exploded), his dad went out and bought fancy new ceiling fans and wouldn't even help him with a loan for a junker (who helped my BF? MY MOM.). What makes that even more sick, is that his dad is very well off and it's not like he was looking for a handout, he was going to pay it back. Ugh...sorry, cheap parents suck.

Fabric - I am always buying fabric or something and then it just sits because it's too pretty to waste on my crappy projects. I have a lot.

Animals over Africa - I do too. It's because the animals are right here. The kids in Africa don't have much choice, but their parents do. I read the comment that the kids need to do the work and stuff, but it's not like you can expect your kids to do all this work when they are sick. I mean, I care that kids are starving, but I care more about homeless/abused animals.

Anorexic - You might have thought you looked better, but is your health worth that? I think people are a lot more pretty when they are not stick thin. I hope that you can find a way to be both healthy and beautiful in your mind.

Teeth - I must admit, it's a rare occasion that I don't brush my teeth, but when I get home from work at 3-4am and have to be at my other job at 7:30am, I really can't bothered either!

Myspace - My Little Visitor from the LV swap has a myspace page. I've seen plenty of animals/toys with their own. It's a way to have one, without really having one.

Kiss - My first everything was at 16.

Sings/Smarter/Proposed - I don't see the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...