A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 421283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tovi

spread kisses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: September 23, 2005 02:55:56 AM »

im soooooooooooooo jealous!
i wear something so natsy to my prom... too provocative and not home made... Undecided i wish i had it all over agein, so i could dress as i should this time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewing is the new shopping!
Littlejo
« Reply #701 on: September 23, 2005 10:04:50 AM »

God. I hate being thirteen. And Homeshcooled. No proms for me.

Last year we had a friend who was homeschooled come to our prom...have any high schools nearby you can go to?
People cant just go to someone elses prom!
In america you are allowed to invite anyone you want to your prom right?  Well we aren't but i think its good like that because its about seeing everyone(or some at least) for the last time and being with your friends in school etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlaysWithFire
« Reply #702 on: September 23, 2005 10:46:59 AM »

Insert Quote
Quote from: Haylie on September 22, 2005 05:27:01 PM
Quote from: PlaysWithFire on September 22, 2005 02:44:19 PM
God. I hate being thirteen. And Homeshcooled. No proms for me.

Last year we had a friend who was homeschooled come to our prom...have any high schools nearby you can go to?

Hmm. If I knew anyone in high school outside  of church.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hold me *now*
Don't start shaking
[*You* keep me safe]
Don't ever think you're the *only one*
When times are tough in your new age
loreleiariadne
« Reply #703 on: September 23, 2005 11:09:48 AM »

don't sweat not having a prom ... my junior year my bf at the time stayed up till 4am the night b4 and fell asleep on the dance floor.  My senior yr I went with a friend and he ended up ditching me to make out w/ someone else the whole night. it's really not all it's cracked up to be. wearing the fancy dress is fun though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitter is the herpes of crafts. once it gets on you, it never goes away!
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: September 23, 2005 02:23:30 PM »

In america you are allowed to invite anyone you want to your prom right?  Well we aren't but i think its good like that because its about seeing everyone(or some at least) for the last time and being with your friends in school etc

yeah.. but schools have rules they have to uphold-- at our school (I went to three different ones.. it was the same rules for all.) you had to be at least 15, and no older than 20 in order for them to issue a guest pass for you to attend Prom..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
PlaysWithFire
« Reply #705 on: September 23, 2005 08:32:20 PM »

Hmm....I probably only want to go to a prom so I can make a pretty dress and show it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hold me *now*
Don't start shaking
[*You* keep me safe]
Don't ever think you're the *only one*
When times are tough in your new age
nixx
« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2005 07:41:07 AM »

actually, my boyfriend transferred out of my school in the middle of the year, so i'm really happy i was able to invite him even though he wasn't a student there anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2005 07:52:47 AM »

Prom is not what its all crack up to be...........

At my school we only have a junior prom. So last year I went. I'm an overweight girl and have yet to even dance with a guy, nevermind date them or kiss them. I 'kinda' asked a guy but got no response, so I was rather depressed. My friend, a sophomore at the time, kept pushing me that i had to go so I decided I would and asked her if she wanted to go with me (so I could at least have a friend to bring).

Well I knew my school could spread rumors and wasn't completly accepting but I had no idea. Seniors I didn't know where talking about "the junior bringing a sophomore" and about me being gay, which I wasn't (not that i have anything against it but I'm not). Other juniors where talking about me being gay and till this day all my friends keep "joking" that I'm gay and if I make the slightest joke about anything they back away from me like I'm hitting on them.

I like the idea that I broke down the barrier of everyone being forced to bring people of the opposite sex but still, some people won't talk to me now...

And to top it off, prom wasn't even that fun. Where the prom was held was so small there was hardly a dance floor. You couldn' move and the food was horrible.

I didn't however spend money blindly like everyone else. I took an old homecoming dress (black spaghetti strap with a white strip across the chest) and altered it into a pink and black halter, with a slit of pink. The only money I spent was on the limo - did my own hair and makeup. Some people spent thousands of dollars, I spent about $150, counting the limo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 25, 2005 03:51:05 PM »

this year we're having our 8th grade end of the year formal prom thingy n its nothin TOO big like senior prom so i decided...heck! i mite as well make my own dress no? well yea we'll seee cuz i have plenty of time to think everything through
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
Littlejo
« Reply #709 on: September 26, 2005 07:59:42 AM »

yea but in america you have all these dances and stuff like winter formal, junior and senior prom and all this, aren't they all just the same! We just have one at the end of year 11 before our GCSE's and its more special than doing it all the time.

and how old are you in 8th grade? 13?14?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Belgian Waffles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...