A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,831
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 402857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Baaa went the cow
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2006 03:27:46 PM »

HaHa....1st Comment!! Anyway....
Well Ive been thinking about a dress that I have to make for school for a assesment I'm having, and I've been thinking like a baby pinky (but not that girly) corsety kinda top bit and then a almost tutu thing at the bottom with gold trimming around the waist and neck line, But!! I'm completly stuck 4 a sutible material!! Can Anyone help Huh
I want it to be all like...kinda tight at the top then just lovely and flowey at the bottom, If u have any suggestions they would be soooo appraicated!!!
Thanks xo
[/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Talz
« Reply #971 on: March 29, 2006 05:32:38 PM »

so i kind of want to copy another dress now, because i'm just not in the mood to even attempt that other dress

i fell in love with these two:

http://www.simplydresses.com/_cache/abfaef523c61af5bde9b786fa16aaf73.jpg
http://www.lafemmefashion.com/images/store_items/1177_2.jpg

i like the second one better, but the first one is easier to make and is also in my price range anyway
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006 04:43:57 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
whyislife
« Reply #972 on: March 29, 2006 08:11:50 PM »

oh wow. that gold dress is gorgeous talz. it will be more difficult  but im sure it'd be worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WizardGlick
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: March 29, 2006 08:36:07 PM »

oh wow. that gold dress is gorgeous talz. it will be more difficult  but im sure it'd be worth it.

I agree.  Shocked That is stunning. I don't know if I could personally pull off the gold. I might do it in a pale blue or a teal. But where did you find that gold dress? Me want!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Talz
« Reply #974 on: March 30, 2006 01:12:53 PM »

I agree.  Shocked That is stunning. I don't know if I could personally pull off the gold. I might do it in a pale blue or a teal. But where did you find that gold dress? Me want!!!

ugh i totally fell in LOVE with it

it's by La Femme... it's about $390

and i agree about the gold, that's why i would want to attempt it myself... i've never seen such a gorgeous dress
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KtB
« Reply #975 on: March 30, 2006 07:38:42 PM »

sooo i've sorta fallen in love with this betsey johnson dress...

now i'm done with proms..but my boyfriend is a marine and they have a ball in november...does anyone thing that this is possible to make?!? any patterns or suggestions would be greatlyyyyy appreciated!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: March 30, 2006 08:38:32 PM »

yeah, that dress is totally doable. it's just a basic tube dress with an A-line skirt, most of the big pattern companies have a pattern for it. there's probably a small petticoat underneath, then there's a WIDE ribbon that wraps around the front and ties in the back, and evenly spaced ruffles of lace, it looks like they were sewed on to a sheer overskirt, and lace at the top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
KtB
« Reply #977 on: March 30, 2006 09:32:31 PM »

would this be the appropriate pattern

to make the dress that i posted..2 comments about this one

oh and can anyone tell exactly what the blue fabric is thats on the skirt part..it almost looks like tulle or something to me
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006 09:41:05 PM by KtB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
green.turtle
« Reply #978 on: March 31, 2006 02:46:41 AM »

would this be the appropriate pattern   

to make the dress that i posted..2 comments about this one

oh and can anyone tell exactly what the blue fabric is thats on the skirt part..it almost looks like tulle or something to me

yuup. i think so!! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*green.turtle <3*
MysticCookie
« Reply #979 on: March 31, 2006 08:28:49 AM »

Ok so my Prom is in June and I know I want to make my own dress, but I totally do not have a clue what it should look like v.v
I want to do something, sort of original, not your standard Prom dress but I really do not know where to start .___. So has anybody here ever done an original (read=weird) dress. Or does anybody have any links to any good prom dress sites (with LOTS of pictures) ? I really don't have a clue and any form of help would be greatly appreciated! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...