A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Primp ice cream cone/unicorn hoodie  (Read 26823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

alisasaur
« on: February 02, 2005 10:49:18 AM »

Okay, so I know these hoodies are the new "it" thing, but that's not why I want one...I think they're just the cutest things.  I was thinking about making my own, but I have no idea how/where I'm going to find a little ice cream cone or unicorn to put on there Sad  Does anyone have any ideas?  Could I make my own from fabric?  Ahhh, I have no idea.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005 02:02:01 AM »

You could take a white fabric and paint a unicorn on it that take this patch and sew it onto a hoodie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
kash
angsty jaded/ overrated

swallowed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005 08:39:57 AM »

did you try wal mart or something? even if its not exactly the same, you could probably find some sort of bright, simple patch to put on the hoodies. I like them too, they're so simple
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"sewing is the new buying stuff"
-*super_kash
Clementine13
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005 01:58:49 PM »

http://www.luxuryfashion.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48069&highlight=primp

The girl on there made her own primp hoodie and she said how and stuff near the end so maybe that will help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Thou mayest"
~in East of Eden by John Steinbeck
alisasaur
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005 02:41:15 PM »

http://www.luxuryfashion.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48069&highlight=primp

The girl on there made her own primp hoodie and she said how and stuff near the end so maybe that will help.

Thank you so much!  It looks like she just used an iron on for the ice cream cone!  That's really helpful to know.  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005 03:25:09 PM »

Would look cute with a piece cut out of My Little Pony fabric.  I've seen at Walmart some MLP fabric with VERY large motifs.  The ponies are in the range of 5-6" across each.  Otherwise, keep your eye out for vintage 80's girly bedsheets.  They tend to have HUGE motifs, and would be great for cutting out patches for hoodies.

Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=375&item=5954676022&rd=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005 03:30:39 PM »

this sounds liike an awsome project
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alisasaur
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005 03:49:34 PM »

Would look cute with a piece cut out of My Little Pony fabric.  I've seen at Walmart some MLP fabric with VERY large motifs.  The ponies are in the range of 5-6" across each.  Otherwise, keep your eye out for vintage 80's girly bedsheets.  They tend to have HUGE motifs, and would be great for cutting out patches for hoodies.

Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=375&item=5954676022&rd=1

That's a really good idea that I had not even considered...and I'm always in the thrift store!  Thanks a lot.  I'll be on the lookout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005 08:27:36 PM »

I had to look up "Primp" to see what else was out there.  I'd never heard of it before.  I'm fashion-negligent.  But I gotta say, these things are too cute.  I might be way to old for them, and I think it is obscene they want $150 for them, but I may just have to make my 2 year old a Primp-esque hoodie for this spring.  Yay!

Or, this may be a perfect DIY rockstar project.  I've got the goth / anime look down for my Wednesday night gigs, but something little-girl-cute to go with my pigtails would be cool.  Maybe a tank, though...  Or maybe this would be a good time to hit Gordman's for some of their clearance-priced jersey micro-minis.  I went with plaids and pleats in black and pink, but now I have a use for the bright turquoise jersey one!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005 08:31:12 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005 08:30:24 PM »

i was sure this was going to be a hoodie with a unicorn horn on the hood... only a little dissapointed. Smiley  i think the idea of cutting a motif you like from fabric and appliquing it on will work great and is totally adaptable to your likes and skills.  can't wait to see what you make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Spork
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005 02:56:36 PM »

That's kind of cute. Have I been living in an alternate universe? Never seen these before. Personally, I'd use Illustrator to design my own picture and then print it on an iron-on sheet for dark colors- sure it wouldn't be exact, but I'm a graphic design whore and an iron-on junkie.  Tongue Then I'd embellish from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005 05:41:50 PM »

Spork, I hadn't ever seen them either, but I was morbidly fascinated with an episode of "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV the other day (Gees, I haven't watched MTV in years, and I HATE reality shows, but I simply could not change the channel.  Not because I was particularly entertained, but because I could not believe such a thing could be real.)  Anyway, the uber-wealthy and also uber-unbearable 15 year old California girl in this particular episode was wearing a unicorn one at some point.  *shudder*  (About the girl, not the hoodie...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005 05:54:00 PM »

That's kind of cute. Have I been living in an alternate universe? Never seen these before.
Same here, what the heck, guys?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
instantphoebe
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005 10:40:52 PM »

That's kind of cute. Have I been living in an alternate universe? Never seen these before.

Jessica Simpson made them popular.

Here's the link to buy some of the real Primp ones. 
http://www.shopintuition.com/Splatter/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005 07:22:47 AM »

Oh, well that must be it. Roll Eyes I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm not her biggest fan.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
alisasaur
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005 07:45:50 AM »

I had no idea that Jessica Simpson even wore them until I saw all the pictures all over the internet of her in Primp suits while trying to look at pictures of them.

I saw a girl wearing one while I was shopping in Las Vegas, so I did a search for "Unicorn Hoodie" and came across this Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spork
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005 02:12:34 PM »

I lied. I guess I have seen them- even on friends, but I never paid attention until this thread. Now I see them everwhere and I think of this thread every time.  Wink I guess I'm just not a superfan, but they're okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005 02:43:03 PM »

Now see, that is the glory of Craftster.  When you see designer clothing and think of the DIY version instead of the designer version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005 10:44:13 PM »

Now see, that is the glory of Craftster.  When you see designer clothing and think of the DIY version instead of the designer version.
Indeed, honestly people, why pay 160 bucks when you can freakin splatter bleach on your workout clothes and have the same effect? DIY ALL THE WAY, BABY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laamissa
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005 05:13:33 AM »

Bleh!  I can't stand that Jessica Simpson starts "trends"!!
Anyone else cringe at her grossly rewarded over-exposure?

Anyways....This 80's revival I dig....the whole MLP, unicorn, Ice cream cone, roller-skate, cupcake (etc) thing!  Its images from MY "good Ol' days" he he he
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005 05:18:16 AM by Laamissa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*D.I.Y or BUST!*~

www.Pumpky.etsy.com
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005 07:13:58 AM »

Bleh!  I can't stand that Jessica Simpson starts "trends"!!
Anyone else cringe at her grossly rewarded over-exposure?

oooh pick me pick me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005 02:45:14 PM »

I'm going to try and make one of these tonight. If all goes well I can post an ice cream and Unicorn image for you guys to use. Maybe with a more detailed tutorial.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005 09:16:00 PM »

Does anyone else have any good pictures oif the hoodies/motifs?
I've googled 100 variations, and all i get are ones that are supposedly ivalid links  Cry
I too would love to make one of these, but, alas, i have no idea where i can get myself a plain bright pink hoodie in NZ.
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
katiebug
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005 10:05:07 PM »

Indeed, honestly people, why pay 160 bucks when you can freakin splatter bleach on your workout clothes and have the same effect? DIY ALL THE WAY, BABY!

I second that, DIY is the way... Hey,that might be a new motto...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2005 07:46:29 AM »

I have a nice version of the ice cream cone. I can post it later. I just have to switch computers..  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005 07:13:24 PM »

If you google for "primp unicorn" (without the quotes) you'll come up with a number of links to stores that can give you nice close-ups of the unicorn on the garment.  Ain't great, but it's not bad.  There are also a couple good close-ups on Ebay listings.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005 07:15:09 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYORRIP
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2005 05:36:40 AM »

I just got a pink splatter shirt from delias just like the hoodie except for the "motif" and i am going to look for a patch so you could make a whole set
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Turducken
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2005 09:13:44 PM »

Does anyone have a general hoodie pattern or can point me in the direction of one ? I'd love to try doing this, but I'd so much rather make my own hoodie from scratch than to actually buy one !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005 05:52:59 PM »

Oh my gosh, grannies and elementary school teachers have been doing that same look (sans bleach spots) to the front of shirts forever... Don't the appliques look just like those appliques of fabric cut-outs surrounded by puff paint from the 80s? Like the infamous "teddy bear with a red bow" or "St. Patrick's day teddy bear with a green bow" (who of course required a green sweatshirt and slightly lighter green puff paint)? I hope I'm not the only one who knows what I'm talking about. These appliques are cuter but that's what I thought of when I first saw it.

Poor Jessica Simpson, bless her heart... She is faker than a WWE wrestler and less talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2005 04:13:46 PM »

You could SO make this for under $20.00. It wouldn't even be bold to say under $10! I've never seen these, but with a little fabric paint and maybe some silkscreening, this can easily be made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alisasaur
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2005 08:16:55 PM »

Oh my gosh, grannies and elementary school teachers have been doing that same look (sans bleach spots) to the front of shirts forever... Don't the appliques look just like those appliques of fabric cut-outs surrounded by puff paint from the 80s? Like the infamous "teddy bear with a red bow" or "St. Patrick's day teddy bear with a green bow" (who of course required a green sweatshirt and slightly lighter green puff paint)? I hope I'm not the only one who knows what I'm talking about. These appliques are cuter but that's what I thought of when I first saw it.

Poor Jessica Simpson, bless her heart... She is faker than a WWE wrestler and less talented.

when i was little, my mommy used to make me sweatshrits like that ! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005 01:18:24 AM »

mine did too!
maybe it's just me, but at the local Target they are selling sweatsuits that resemble these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
tangerine9944
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2005 09:34:31 PM »

they have plain hoodies at H&M ... theyre tight fitting and have quite a few colors. you could spruce it up a little at home for cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ILiveForJesus
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005 06:10:44 PM »

cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005 05:29:11 PM »

this is soooo cool Grin! i can't wait to make one! i can't wait to wear it when i do gymnastics Smiley! i was just wondering where u got the pink sweater...........this is a really close to the designer version! great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
doremifasola
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2005 08:08:52 PM »

it might be dificult to find, but those iron on transfer pictures that come in small books at craft stors and you cut them out and just iron them on. After you can trace it in puff paint or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
C-bella
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2005 09:05:51 AM »

Hey, I know this is an old posting, but i found this stencil that is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img92&image=17vo.gif
[/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ammowa
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2006 09:52:17 PM »

The unicorn and ice cream on that sweatshirt are painted on. Just get some acrylic paint and make a stencil of the unicorn/ice cream. The acrylic wont wash out and you also wont get that glossy, puffy look that you get with fabric paints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006 12:42:02 PM »

i found a website also! i'm not sure if you've made this or not but here it is!

(cake)
http://www.geocities.com/prettyprincess0517/primpcake.gif

(ice cream cone)
http://www.geocities.com/prettyprincess0517/primpcone.gif

you could probably print it out and make it like a stencil, but i'm not sure how
hope i helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
Makeupartist9
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2006 03:38:19 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a hot pink blank hoody for relatively cheap??  I'm so excited to make this, but every where I check I can only find baby pink  Huh

Thanks in advance!!

*Dana*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_ballet_girl

I want to be with you

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006 03:38:07 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a hot pink blank hoody for relatively cheap??  I'm so excited to make this, but every where I check I can only find baby pink  Huh

Thanks in advance!!

*Dana*

I think you can buy any hoodie and just dye it. It's really easy!! They sell "hot pink" dye powder for very cheap (they sell basically any color for cheap actually)

Anyways buh-bye!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Took for granted all the little things.
But now it's over,
All I can say is goodbye.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006 06:10:08 PM »

So excited to have found this thread! I just finished the sleeves on this ancient hideous gray hoodie and didn't know what else to do with it! The sleeves were too short for my Neanderthal arms, so I cut them to just above the elbow and gathered the cuffs. This cutesy girlie icecream theme will work so well! I've decided to put a chest patch that says "Sweet" and appligue a big cupcake on the back. Maybe some paintspatters for good measure! I'll post pics as soon as it's done! Thanks for the inspiration!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Dollyrocker
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006 03:11:58 AM »

OH MY JESUS! I love this sweatshirt t's so 80's which makes it even cooler then it already was Grin
Some suggestions on how to make it......
I would buy a sweatjacket from somewhere like American Apparel, I believe they do these sweaters in different colours and for the patch I was thinknig maybe applique? If not I would suggest screen printing as it lasts forever.
I want to try and make one of these
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaykayelle
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006 06:35:41 PM »

Primp is awful in the best way, they are so inspirational. I first fell in love with them on Jessica Simpson when she wore them on Newlyweds. (Nick and Jessica! Sad ) Anyway, they inspired to me to do a sweatshirt jacket that looks amazing and I love (made two like it for Christmas presents) and black sweatpants that I threw bleach at on my lawn that turned out ridiclously bad.

Here's the sweatshirt:
My belly upside down
The bottom back of the sweatshirt on a chair
And my favorite, The garbage bag I put down when I painted.
It's so Jackson Polluck-esque (It's just splattered fabric paint on a sweatshirt I bought from Target.) It's been almost a year since I did it and I'm still obsessed with it.

...so Primp rules.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006 05:45:45 PM »

Oops! I forgot to post my finished hoodie  here... but click here to see the final product of my Primpish hoodie. I have already started two tiny ones for my cousins (they are 2 and 5), but they won't have lyrics. I bought their little pink hoodies at WalkMart for 7 bucks a piece. sweet... and go to the bottom of my post below to see the best web link ever for stencil patterns and such!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006 09:06:43 AM »

I'm having the absolute worst time finding a hoodie set to make these with. Terry and Velour seem to be in abundance, but I doubt this technique would work on it, or look as good. Any ideas on where I could find a hoodie set, I know its almost June and late in the season?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
kaykayelle
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006 09:41:55 AM »

Maybe try the "athletic" sections of some stores. There's usually sweatsuits there all year round. Might be pricey, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...