A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,770
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: M.I.A. XL concert tee  (Read 546 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
knoble06
« on: May 11, 2008 12:40:21 PM »

I recently went to a free M.I.A. concert my school was hosting (which was amazing) and me and my friend recieved XL concert tees (I'm guessing for our mad dancing skills lol) and I dont want to completely chop it up/reconstruct it just cut it down to my size... if anyone has any links that might help or any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! I want to wear it out ASAP Grin Thanks!

P.S. Sorry I don't have a pic but it says HOW MANY HOW MANY on the front and M.I.A. on the bottom back of the shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008 06:40:52 AM »

I dont want to completely chop it up/reconstruct it just cut it down to my size...

And your size is? Without this information we can't offer much help. Techniques will be different depending on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knoble06
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008 05:37:26 PM »

I dont want to completely chop it up/reconstruct it just cut it down to my size...

And your size is? Without this information we can't offer much help. Techniques will be different depending on you.

well i guess i would say i am an adult small
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008 06:48:53 AM »

OK Smiley

going from an XL to a Small is going to require total reconstruction in order to look good.
Typing from hubbys computer so I have none of my links saved :/ but I think there is a tute or two here on craftster for cutting down a mens tee into a girly shape, those may be handy for pictures.

Essentially you will open up the sides of thee completely removing the sleeves.
Trim the tee to your size. Whether you fit it in girly or leave it straight is entirely up to you Smiley
Trim down the sleeves to your size.
Re-attach the sleeves to the tee in a new sleeve opening you cut from the shortened body of the tee (the original sleeve opening will be too big).
Sew up the sides of the tee, done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...