A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,839
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elvis and the Showgirl! (pic fat)  (Read 2177 times)
Tags for this thread: elvis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Every Little Thing
« on: May 05, 2008 01:23:52 PM »

I made these outfits for a Vegas murder mystery night at my brother's house last night.  We got given the characters a couple of weeks ago so I had a bit of time to get to work on the outfits.  Hubby had to be an Elvis impersonator and I had to be a showgirl - great fun!  So without further ado I present Al Shakup and Candi Tassle (I didn't pick the names!)...

Here is my showgirl.  I made the skirt with a satiny stretch fabric with a bit of rouching up the front and feather boa round the bottom.  Its not as short at the back but you can't see that.  The top is just a vest top with sparkly lace trim and the rest of feather boa over the straps.  I put the same trim on the gloves and finished it off with a (store bought) headdress, fishnets, false eyelashes and high heels.  I felt great - I think this is my new favourite outfit haha!

the trim is at the very top of the gloves, they'd just rolled down my arm a wee bit here...

scuse the face i'm pulling here...

and for Elvis I reconned a plain white shirt by ripping out the collar and replacing with a bigger one, taking out the button strip down the front and covering it with LOTS of hotfix rhinestuds.  It took forever - I made the templates for everything - the stars, THE KING and the eagle.  I was dead pleased with how it came out.  I also made the belt with some backed lame and yet more hotfix.  It was held around him with velcro so he could let it out if he ate a bit much haha!  He did look pretty cool if i say so myself!  Wig and trousers were store bought (actually the trousers were half of his wedding suit!)

the collar wasn't really wonky it just slipped a bit in this pic

you can kind of see how I did the hot fix down the front in this pic.  Look at me adoring my man haha! 

it needs ironing now but it wasn't like that when he was wearing it!

and lastly a fave pic of us together...

I kind of lost track of the clues in the murder mystery part and had to make a random guess at the end but it was good fun anyway!  I LOVE dressing up!  Grin

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 05:20:57 AM by Every Little Thing » THIS ROCKS   Logged
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008 01:53:37 PM »

haha that's great! its great seeing ppl putting effort into costumes for murder mysteries ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008 03:58:18 PM »

Cheesy Hahahaha that is funny!! Great job! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
adnalie
a dna lie is daniela

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008 08:13:20 AM »

darn sweet!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...