A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
195 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber of the Month Swap (May) (Sign up May 1-11, Send May 22)  (Read 13363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008 02:04:14 PM »

That's not a bad idea, frankierevolver.  Round 2 tax return is coming. I could stimulate the economy with a drum carder purchase.  Hmm..

That's what I'm doing!!  Since my credit card is all paid off as of last month (YAY!!), I am being irresponsible and (barring dire emergency) buying a drum carder at Estes Park Wool Market next month.  WHOOP!

everything looks great for me, my partner is awesome!
  No no no, my dear!  MY partner is awesome!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008 02:08:25 PM »

I love saying "stimulate the economy" - ha ha ha. If we weren't planning on moving I would stimulate the economy by buying a Wii!
But!! Having a drum carder is really .. really.. nice. Hand carders are no fun in comparison. I don't use it as often as I "could" I suppose but I use it as often as I like which is even better! Besides, it also qualified as a business expense! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2008 02:15:30 PM »

I love saying "stimulate the economy" - ha ha ha. If we weren't planning on moving I would stimulate the economy by buying a Wii!
But!! Having a drum carder is really .. really.. nice. Hand carders are no fun in comparison. I don't use it as often as I "could" I suppose but I use it as often as I like which is even better! Besides, it also qualified as a business expense! Cheesy

Hey, I've got a Wii!! It's too bad we don't live closer and I could swap you for a couple of hours. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008 02:19:49 PM »

Seriously - and especially if you have Mario kart!!!
I wish I knew anyone around here that spun and then I would have convinced them to go in halves with me on the drum carder or something - I'd do fine with having custody only half of the time!  (I probably use it under 6 hours a week.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laminathegreat
Queen of the Universe

Is not here.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2008 03:29:59 PM »

I just worry that if I get one, I won't use it as much as I could.
I find that once you have one, you use it. Even if it's odd and random throw things in the carder just to make you happy.

Dang, I almost forgot the wool market was coming up. Nicolasa, wanna run with me/wrangle kids?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
misfitknits
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008 03:04:21 PM »

man, i wish i was as productive as everybody else is! i don't use my drum carder all the time either, and i have NEVER regretted getting it. i'm a recreational user! and a package of fiber swap goodness already sent?!?! you guys make me feel like a slacker! actually it's totally the opposite, it takes me FOREVER to do my drum carding *besides the fact of my 3 and 1 year old running, and my 3 year old absolutely LOVES to help me card, we call it a monster and it eats and the fiber.....* but i'm so anal rententive i takes me HOURS to drum card! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting and spinning and the hilarity that comes along with it:
http://www.thelandofmisfitknits.blogspot.com
nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008 03:35:26 PM »

Dang, I almost forgot the wool market was coming up. Nicolasa, wanna run with me/wrangle kids?  Grin

Heck, yes!  Let's do it!  As you might guess, I think your kids are freakin' awesome.  I mean, Nanu gave me a high five and a bump the last time I was over, I do believe.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
laminathegreat
Queen of the Universe

Is not here.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008 03:58:59 PM »

As you might guess, I think your kids are freakin' awesome.  I mean, Nanu gave me a high five and a bump the last time I was over, I do believe. 
round here we call it knuckles. Though everyone she does it to says "Pound it!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008 10:43:28 AM »

and a package of fiber swap goodness already sent?!?! you guys make me feel like a slacker!
 *besides the fact of my 3 and 1 year old running, and my 3 year old absolutely LOVES to help me card, we call it a monster and it eats and the fiber

The only children I have at the house are 14 & 15.  After spending the last 21 years being totally dedicated to my children (3 out of the house), I finally have time to accomplish things I like to do, and they don't mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008 12:25:31 PM »

Since we had a super fast sender I've already made the gallery and it is up here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=246264.0 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...