A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
143 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber of the Month Swap (May) (Sign up May 1-11, Send May 22)  (Read 13366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008 07:12:07 PM »

Ah forget it I decided to post it tonight!!! I'll send out personal messages soon!
(Oh and YES! We had an odd amount of sign ups and instead of doing a 3 way swap this time I decided to try something different and just send out two! Lucky me- more fiberness to play with!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008 10:38:09 AM »

Everything going smoothly now swappers? PM me if I didn't send you your partners info or something goofy like that!
In other news my Natural Dyeing instructor (yeah, that was a college course! haha) just opened up a new fiber store and I get to go shopping tomorrow------ hooray! I'm waiting on about 20lbs of fiber to be delivered to me but I hate hate hate waiting. I just really hope its better than the local yarn store that only carries some white or black roving and a touch of super overpriced mohair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:dollface:.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008 11:04:48 AM »

everything looks great for me, my partner is awesome!

20lbs?!?! lucky!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008 11:57:54 AM »

Was just at the PO and dropped off my fiber.

I worked from home today so I was able to take some time to card up a few batts for maiziemama.

What type of fiber??  20# for me is about 4-5 raw fleeces.  One of these days I need to get over this "I gotta take it from raw to scoured to dyed to carded to spun to [woven,knitted,crocheted,tatted,felted]"

Nahhhh!

What I'd really like to know is when I can sign up for the next swap (since this was my first).  After my package was delivered?  When this swap ends??
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 12:03:36 PM by mullerslanefarm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
maiziemama
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008 12:25:59 PM »

Was just at the PO and dropped off my fiber.

I worked from home today so I was able to take some time to card up a few batts for maiziemama.

What type of fiber??  20# for me is about 4-5 raw fleeces.  One of these days I need to get over this "I gotta take it from raw to scoured to dyed to carded to spun to [woven,knitted,crocheted,tatted,felted]"

Nahhhh!

What I'd really like to know is when I can sign up for the next swap (since this was my first).  After my package was delivered?  When this swap ends??

Yippee!  I love getting fiber in the post!  Can't wait! 

And I am the same way....I love going from raw fleece to yarn!  I have about 25#+ raw fleece to process myself!  A cormo, two targhee, a cormo/romney cross, and a mystery fleece from a neighbor ( that is a gorgeous marbled grey brown!!)

I love the smell and handle of freshly washed fleece.  Can't get enough of it ( obviously!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008 12:31:51 PM »

Oh man, I HATE cleaning everything! But that is partially due to living in less than 500 square feet of space with another person, 2 cats and 2 birds. There is no room for cleaning any fleeces! Although with the Black Sheep Gathering coming up this summer i'll probably eat my words and buy a ton of fleeces (along with every other fiber in the world - I've got a problem! hahhaha)
All of the fiber I'm getting in that order is either roving, cut top, or bags of cleaned stuff. (Oh and its wool, silk, various plant fibers, etc...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008 12:37:15 PM »

Oh, I'm so jealous! I missed all the shearings around here, but next year, I'd like to be able to get a fleece and process it all the way to a "finished" state.

And I'd like a drum carder, too, please, Mr. Santa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008 12:39:58 PM »

When Mr Taxman gave me my money back this year I finally got my drum carder! hehe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008 12:53:43 PM »

That's not a bad idea, frankierevolver.  Round 2 tax return is coming. I could stimulate the economy with a drum carder purchase.  Hmm..

I just worry that if I get one, I won't use it as much as I could.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008 01:45:24 PM »

I never regretted getting a drum carder, or having DH build me a picker, or having 4 wheels or having too much fiber than I can possibly process/spin in a lifetime already (and looking forward to more!)

My job allows me to work from home one day a week.  I'm also doing fibery things this 'free' day at home.  Usually scouring fleece or picking it.  A person can get a lot done in a short amount of time!  (especially since I don't have that hour drive to work each way)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...