A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,809
Currently Running With Scissors:
274 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 59614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pinkie_poh
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2008 10:18:07 PM »

Small items 2 and 3 are complete! Cheesy

I'm planning to stay away from the gallery until I've sent my stuff...I don't want to feel entirely incompetent in the face of everyone else's work  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sparky1982

~willing to try anything once~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2008 06:58:07 AM »

Im sending out tomorrow or the next day...just have to get something extra for my package...

DanniQuee...I will LOVE whatever I recieve - stop worrying Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AromaRageST
« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2008 07:50:16 AM »

my medium ans 1 small are completly finished Smiley The other 2 are about 50% complete. woop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2008 09:43:12 AM »

Aaaaaah!  I'm done!  I'm finished!  It's all over except the excruciating unending worry hoping Ja will like what she gets!  LOL

Actually, I'm going to play a little more tonight so there might be a few extra bits and pieces, but that's all gravy!

Funny how we're all waaaay more focused on what we're sending out than what we're getting.  Seems like there shouldn't be nearly as much worry, since we've all stated that we'll love whatever we get.

Too bad that's not the way it really works!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: May 18, 2008 11:22:52 AM »

YEAH!!! We're finished all our crafting for the swap! Although we are a little disappointed that everything is done as we are having so much fun. Now all that's left is to pack it up and ship it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
kreestar
« Reply #495 on: May 18, 2008 11:25:05 AM »

hhho-kay!

i've got one thing left to do on each item (one of the "one things" being a pretty dauntingly major - in my book anyhow - thing  Cheesy) and then i'm placing my semi-precious cargo in the hands of the south african post office.

i'm going to see if i can get it off on tuesday by the latest so that - given the lag in shipping - kidwithkemikals doesn't have to wait until august (2009) for her goodies.

hmmmm. maybe i'll courier it - i'll have to eat toast and jam until pay-day, but may well be worth it.  i had a package from amazon.co.uk take well over a month to arrive last month.  ughhh, the cons of living in beautiful africa.  humankind may well have begun their evolution on this continent, but the postal service certainly hasn't.

just a question on shipping (not sure it applies to US-shipping, but maybe the antipodeon contingency can help out?), what do you describe the items in your shipment to be?  just "hand-crafted gifts" or "1x shrunken head keyring; 1x hessian underwear; 1x macaroni collage; 1x semi-completed mr potato head and an etch-a-sketch portrait of my dog (handle with care please)"?

yes, kidwithkemikals, that i'm afraid is what's in your box  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2008 12:37:54 PM »

you know, Im not sure theyll allow a shrunken head through customs.. bacteria and viruses and all that.
on a happier note, Ill be sending mine out by Wednesday at the latest and I have no clue how long it would take to get there.

Im curious though.. how is everyone packaging their items?
Im not sure if I need to add in some kind of padding- styrofoam peanuts, popcorn, bubble wrap
I think I would cry if one of my items got broken en route =[
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2008 02:03:00 PM »

I'm taking mine to a UPS store tomorrow.  Hopefully they can help me package things so that the squooshable items will not get squooshed.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2008 02:17:59 PM »

just a question on shipping (not sure it applies to US-shipping, but maybe the antipodeon contingency can help out?), what do you describe the items in your shipment to be?  just "hand-crafted gifts" or "1x shrunken head keyring; 1x hessian underwear; 1x macaroni collage; 1x semi-completed mr potato head and an etch-a-sketch portrait of my dog (handle with care please)"?

I highly suggest you check the box that says GIFT so that your partner doesn't have to pay any fees to the mail carrier

Also, fully disclose everything that is in there that way customs doesn't rip open your box cause you put that you were sending only a tshirt and a pair of flip flops and they hear clicky clanging things like beads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Ja
« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2008 08:19:52 PM »

I'm taking mine to a UPS store tomorrow.  Hopefully they can help me package things so that the squooshable items will not get squooshed.   Undecided

YAY! Smiley I'm excited.... I should be sending by tuesday (hopefully)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...