A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 314,347
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 58985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Solipsist87

I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2008 11:27:50 PM »

I actually feel productive tonight!

Like most people here I'll try and make something and it won't come out right so I give up!

I think if I start thinking 'would I like this if I got it?' I might not junk as many projects. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 07, 2008 02:54:44 AM »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got two more days off...! Woohoo more crafting time.!

Yah.! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: May 07, 2008 05:11:14 AM »

I don't know what possessed me to enter a swap this month!  It's already so busy!  I mean, I know I'll get stuff done, but seriously.

1st weekend - wedding shower
2nd weekend - mother's day (Sat w/ my mom, Sun w/ MIL) plus crochet class
3rd weekend - FREE! (except maybe a rescheduled crochet class)
4th weekend - wedding (not mine)
5th weekend - DD's 1st b-day

Add in my hubby's b-day and various appointments during weekdays and I'm swamped!

On the plus side, I got the quilt I'm making (my first real quilt) totally pinned last night, so tonight I'm going to try to work up the guts to *gulp* actually quilt it!!!

And also I've got most of my projects for Ja planned out and if they work they'll be really cute. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 07, 2008 06:12:19 AM »

maybe its just because Im naive but uhm... I did my first project and I love it. Its really simple though so maybe thats why it came out so good.

on the bright side all my finals are done with so yaaaaaaay
[cue Alice Cooper]
schooooooools out for summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
avari20
« Reply #374 on: May 07, 2008 08:56:51 AM »

Like most people here I'll try and make something and it won't come out right so I give up!

I think if I start thinking 'would I like this if I got it?' I might not junk as many projects. Smiley

Definitely. I started asking myself that very question and lo and behold, my positive pile started accumulating o_0

I'm projecting that I'll be ready to send by Saturday, if all goes well. That being said, my sewing machine might blow up and my crochet needles might melt in some cosmic mishap in the meantime. Something always has to go wrong, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
Solipsist87

I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: May 07, 2008 09:58:45 AM »

Definitely. I started asking myself that very question and lo and behold, my positive pile started accumulating o_0

I'm projecting that I'll be ready to send by Saturday, if all goes well. That being said, my sewing machine might blow up and my crochet needles might melt in some cosmic mishap in the meantime. Something always has to go wrong, right?

Gotta love it when things go wrong, I managed to bend one sewing machine needle and break another one.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2008 10:01:27 AM »

Gotta love it when things go wrong, I managed to bend one sewing machine needle and break another one.  Smiley

you mean youre not supposed to bend them? Tongue
when I first got my sewing machine, a year ago, I bent and broke all my needles
since then Ive used it like 3 times and it intimidates me
but Im determined to knock out one sewn project for kreestar
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
BendyBones

Your mother ate my dog!

« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2008 10:21:37 AM »

I'm almost positive my sewing machine broke last night  Cry
I'm going to bring it to my sewing machine doctor later today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://bendybones.etsy.com - crochet

http://bendybonespapercuts.etsy.com - paper

http://bendybones.blogspot.com/ - me

Does anyone want to do a personal swap? I'm looking for a horror-ish new bag/purse. Message me if interested!
avari20
« Reply #378 on: May 07, 2008 10:27:24 AM »

I'm almost positive my sewing machine broke last night  Cry
I'm going to bring it to my sewing machine doctor later today.

Awww! I would be devestated. I thought I broke mine two weeks ago, but it thankfully turned out that only the light bulb burned out. I'm rooting for yours, Bones!

when I first got my sewing machine, a year ago, I bent and broke all my needles

I used to break my needles all the time. I had to start stocking up on extras, because I really only like the biggest ones (threading those little buggers is a pain in the you-know-what). I've gotten a little *holds up thumb and pointer finger to measure out a cm* better at it, but not much. Go you for being so determined. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
Sparky1982

~willing to try anything once~

« Reply #379 on: May 07, 2008 02:04:17 PM »

Glad to hear everyone is going well...I was doing the same and almost binning everything I made, until I asked myself if I would love to recieve it...so after that, I only have 2 more items to make, so should be ready to send by Monday (if all goes to plan)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...