A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 61603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
AromaRageST
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2008 12:56:51 PM »

Hi avari20 !

So heres my bio.

My name is Zoe. I'm 19 from Cambridge, UK.
Ive been into all kinds of crafting since I was young, mainly painting, drawing, sewing and cross stitch. I was taught how to knit at about 8 years old but it didnt really stick with me so I re-taught myself last year, but so far I can only make rectangles.. so if you would like a scarf I can manage that  Tongue

I have a diploma in Fine art, focussing on painting, print work and fashion and textiles. I also took a year long course in pottery but I'm really not that good as I prefer having long nails to getting a perfect pot  Grin!

In the past few days I have been teaching myself to crochet, which is going.. erm.. okay-ish! haha. But as I have learnt for the sake of this swap you will definatley be receiving my first creation.

I'm a complete geek, I love old video games and sci-fi films. I have a passion for tattoos, particularly old sailor jerry style ones.

Thats all I can think of for now, is that enough?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2008 01:13:37 PM »

Ok, everyone should have received a PM with your own questionnaire and your partners. If anyone got the wrong information or did not get a PM, please let me know ASAP! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
diablita
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2008 01:29:17 PM »

Yay! I got my questionaire, and it is loaded with info. Thanks Sewfixated!
You are going to be fun to craft for  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2008 06:07:58 PM »

Hey Everybody,

Here's our Bio:
Going by our avatar, we're Brock (on the left) and G.(on the right).  We're 30 and 27 respectively.  We've been living together in downtown Toronto for the past 8 years.  We've both been crafting most of our lives.  Brock, coming from a straitlaced household, needed an outlet for his creativity (sewing<some school>, polymer clay, etc).  G. came from a fairly liberal home. Being involved in punk and rave scenes, he used crafting and fashion (sewing clothes, makeup, costume design,  hairdressing<schooled>) as a way to express himself.
In the eight years since we got together our mutual crafting abilities have grown.  We seem to  pick up  new skills and projects all the time and are into trying most things.  Between the two of us we can sew (clothes, stuffies), crochet, screenprint, reupholster furnature, paint and build puppets (our new obsession).  We don't do TV, so we spend a lot of time crafting.  We're kinda nostalgic and have a love for vintage and retro items.  We listen to a LOT of music (in fact G. even produces his own) and enjoy a variety of electronic dance styles from the 80's and 90's (disco, house, techno).  Other interests are cartoons (She-Ra, The Simpsons, Transformers, etc), slasher flicks,  B-movies, avant-garde/ haute couture fashion, tattoos (G.'s covered), anything highly stylized (drag queens, punks, goths, club kids, ravers, etc.). Other than that, we're fairly "normal". Cheesy
We're SUPER excited to be part of this swap and to get to craftin'!!!  Look out ambiguous.miss, here it comes!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
SewFixated
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2008 07:22:17 PM »

Diablita:  I am SO excited to be crafting for you!  I just read your questionnaire and see that we have a lot in common.  I LOVE anything vintage/retro as well, I had a TOO CUTE chihuahua (passed away) named Binki who loved peanuts, pine nuts, and gummi bears, my favorite colors are black and red, and I want a reusable shopping bag too!

I have been sewing for about 4 years.  I used to draw and paint all the time and have since I was in kindergarten but sewing is my passion.  My sister is a big craftster junkie and has been trying to get me to join for years and I finally fell for it after I saw her elephant pincushion that serendipity sara made for her in a swap.  *LOVED IT*

I taught myself how to crochet but never learned how to count stitches to make the sides all straight.  Cheesy  I just redo it until it looks good!  I can't figure out how to knit.  I love crocheted dish rags.

I am in my sewing room most of my spare time and plan on renting a booth in The Quilted Bear in a year if all goes well.  I am currently stocking up on my fabric stash and frequent thrift stores for cool craft books, vintage ribbon and I do look at the vintage jewelry to see if I can be inspired to use them.

I love to quilt and have made 3 so far.  Right now I am taking a class to make a Dear Jane quilt (google it or look on my blog - it's amazing) and it is proving to be very time consuming.  I have learned so much from that class.

My kitchen is full of vintage things, dishcloths, towels, toys, Coke Products, embroidered things, etc.  I really don't know what you would consider my decorating style to be.  It's a little bit of 50s, shabby chic, elegant...  If I could afford to get all new vintage furniture, a Victorian style house, and a red 1964 1/2 Mustang I would.

I have plans to make several reusable shopping bags with cool vintage looking fabric that will stand out when I go to the grocery store. 

I am 34 and live in Utah with my DD (2 1/2), DH, our kitty Lily, and my DH's 2 snakes.  We will be approved for adoption very soon! All of our paperwork is completely turned in as of today.  I am so excited.

That's probably too wordy but oh well.  Back to Diablita's wists... Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
diablita
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2008 08:54:37 PM »

Diablita:  I am SO excited to be crafting for you!  I just read your questionnaire and see that we have a lot in common.  I LOVE anything vintage/retro as well, I had a TOO CUTE chihuahua (passed away) named Binki who loved peanuts, pine nuts, and gummi bears, my favorite colors are black and red, and I want a reusable shopping bag too!

I thought the same thing when I read your questionaire. We DO have a lot in common.
Thanks kishcrafts for doing such a good job of pairing us up.

How funny that you also had a Chihuahua. Binki sounds like such a cute dog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkie_poh
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2008 09:34:44 PM »

Ok! Back from work and Iron Man (Ps, if you go to see it, stay til after the credits ^_^) Bio time!

My name's Leisa, I'm 21 in June (less of a crisis than 20 was Tongue) I've always loved crafting stuff (I once made a wicked awesome diorama for grade school French class that was a bedroom...made a working "floor lamp" from a wooden pen...man that was awesome); I've done bits of everything, from knitting to cross-stitch to quilting (by hand...I'm still not NEAR done, but the stitches are nigh-perfect) to various random projects. My two current favourites are book-binding (of miniature books and small notebooks) and jewellery making.
I've lived in Toronto/area for most of my life, which has been pretty awesome (ignoring that one time the government called in the army for snow removal...that was embarassing). Right now, I'm living downtown with friends; I just got a job at a coffee shop so I'm no longer being a degenerate drain on society Cheesy (just kidding Tongue) Starting September, I'm starting a one-year program for American Sign Language and Deaf Studies, which I am pretty pumped for. I know how to sign the alphabet and not a whit else, so it's still up in the air as to how well I'll do Tongue
Ummmmm, not too sure what else to say....I like stuff! Stuff like cats, and steampunk, and food! CSI is the greatest show EVER, I will not hear otherwise Tongue
Yeah...that's about all I can think of about myself right now. If you want to know more, lemme know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2008 10:01:36 PM »

Ok! Back from work and Iron Man (Ps, if you go to see it, stay til after the Credits

OMG yes.!!! X INFINITY BILLION

So worth the cinema people looking at you like a tool.

Also. I thought it would be super hard crafting for a guy, let alone two but Destined To Fail i have to say are both simply awesome dudes.  Shocked That's right haha.

I'm really looking forward to crafting for these guys. The extra added little bit of not crafting for girls (girls like loads of stuff, boys not so much) I think is what I needed Smiley

Now for today My biggest decision is if I should finish off the last of my room, or as practise for this make a dress I've been wanting to for ages.

The life of a craftster is so hard.........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
~Glenda
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2008 04:47:39 AM »

Star Wars (the original 3 thankyouverymuch) are quite possibly my favourite movies. My username is actually the name of a character in the Star Wars New Jedi Order book series. (although I'd been using the name Danni well before I taced Quee onto it) I'm a big fan of R2D2, Jawas, Leia and Boba Fett.

DanniQuee, my son recently became interested in Star Wars. I had only seen the very first movie myself (back in the day, when it came out at the theater). We rented it from netflix for him to watch and he fell in love with it, so we ended up buying all six movies and now we watch them all again from time to time.

Star Wars action figures have invaded our house, as well  Grin.

And Star Wars books  Wink. He particularly loves Jango and Boba Fett, and we found a young-adult Boba Fett series that he's reading. He passes each book on to me when he's done, so that I can read them too.

Which has led to me buying some of the (not young-adult) Star Wars books to read myself. I've only read one so far (about Darth Bane -- enjoyed it). As I read, my son would ask me, "What's happening now?!?!", and I'd fill him in LOL.

It's amazing the interests I have now simply because of my son!!!  Never would've picked up a video game if he hadn't expressed an interest as a young tyke, and now we're both huge gamers (tho he's WAY better than I on pretty much all of 'em Cheesy).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been having a great time reading everyone's bios, by the way. It's fun seeing that I have at least one thing in common with each person (or set of people!).

I'm envious of those of you who grew up being crafty. I didn't -- I was a bookworm (not that there's anything wrong with that; I still am, but now I balance it with crafting). I picked up cross-stitching back in my early 20's and did that until my son was born, at which time I simply didn't have time or desire for the tediousness of cross-stitching anymore. Didn't do any kind of crafting again, really, until a couple years ago, when I began searching for a crafty hobby that could be picked up and put down easier than x-stitching. Tried lots of things, but embroidery is what I immediately fell in love with -- I started doing that last fall, and would now rather embroider than read (that says a lot!).

This fall / winter (whenever it cools off again here), I want to pick up knitting and crocheting. Amigurumi is one thing I think would be a blast. We don't have much call for things like scarves and cool-weather hats and thick socks here, but critters/plushies are always a hit  Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2008 01:49:59 PM »

Glenda, that's Fantastic! I grew up watching the original trilogy. I watched them SO often I killed the original VHS tapes and was forced to watch them on TV. The bear and I both collect action figures, so we have a plethora of SW figures spattered throughout the apartment. His birthday is this Thursday, and I'm throwing him a Science Fiction themed birthday bash on Saturday. He knows it's a BBQ has no idea about the party. He's getting an Original Wicket Ewok figure (unopened!), as well as a Wicket from the mid 80's (open) to display on the shelf with our other loose figures. Ewoks are his favourites. Tongue

I used to borrow the books from a friend of mine who was literally obsessed. He has Rebel Alliance tattoos and the word Jedi across his arm. He has about 400 action figures and every book. When he lived closer I used to just go raid his shelves for ones I hadn't read yet. Cheesy Much more cost effective for me. Lol.

~~

Back on topic,

I've started crafting! So far, so good! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...