A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
156 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 60530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2008 10:49:26 PM »

I just wanted to take a moment to say, that when you find out who your partner is and you get their questionnaire it is understndable to think at first that you can't craft for this person or that you have nothing in common. my response to this is stalk them a bit, do a bit of conversing through email or PM and I am sure you will see some similarities. Of course you already have 1 thing in common, you both obviously love to craft! Smiley

Given that some of the idea's I had for this swap were orientated towards girls. I am going to have to change them up a little bit. But I'm positive I can craft some things Destined To Fail will love.  Smiley I'm excited for the challenge.!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2008 11:13:00 PM »

my laptop (the computer with all of my swap info, spreadsheets, etc) is downloading some mcafee security thing. PMs with questionnaires will be sent in the morning. FYI, for the question "what would you enjoy receiving?" 95% of you Newbies put "ANYTHING", not a big help, eh?. So basically you aren't missing much by not having the questionnaires. LOL

see ya'all in the morning. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
skababy
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2008 01:43:00 AM »

~Glenda- yey!!!! i am so excited! Its 4:30am here, and i'm getting ready to leave for the weekend... i'm tired! But am totally pumped to come home and type a super long bio, so you can learn more about me.

I am so excited!

I want the weekend to be over so i can come home and start stalking!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixelpup2001
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2008 04:37:04 AM »

Alright, crafters ho! 1...2....3...GO! Now we all can stop surfing and get down to some real fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2008 04:55:31 AM »

*waves nervously at lindyv*

Hi, I'm Maggie, I'm 22, and I live in Jersey... I'm not sure if I'm as excited about living here as some other Jerseyans I know.  I stumbled upon craftster a few months ago and I have been completely addicted ever since.  I'm always browsing through to find projects I'd like to try.  I crochet and cross stitch, but I want to start working with sculpey.  I took a crafts class in high school so I've had my hand in ceramics, book making, paper marbling, stained glass (I made a stained glass ice cream cone... oh yeah!), jewelry making, and wood working, to name a few.  I am super excited to get to know you lindyv and I hope my crafting is up to snuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2008 05:18:06 AM »

*SQUEEE!*

I had to check BEFORE I went to work! I'm so bad! Tongue

Yay Sparky! This is going to be so much fun! I'll write up a bio and post it a bit later. I'm off to work. Don't want to be late.  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerluvin_ca
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2008 05:23:49 AM »

OMG PARTNERS!
Summerluvin_ca, are you ready to craft? Tongue

[I'm going to have to post my bio tomorrow; I've been waiting up to see the partner list, but now I must sleep so I don't KO at work tomorrow..see you then!]

Darn it! I can't believe I completely missed the actual post of the partners. It must have happened just after I finally gave in to dream land. I am so ready to do this...let the sleuthing begin (insert Pink Panther theme song)
Pinkie_poh I'm so excited  for this...I'll probably talk your ears off.

So here's my bio....

Once upon a time there was a young lady named Mandy. She lived with her very soon-to-be hubby, two beautiful daughters and three cats that they had saved as kittens from a very fierce Toronto winter.

Mandy did not come from a very crafty family. Certainly the extended family would do many crafts, but alas her mother had no artistic ability and therefore Mandy had very little opportunity to learn. When a kind stranger would attempt to teach her a craft, they would become frustrated because she was left handed and was doing them "wrong". So poor Mandy, finally had enough and decided if she was going to learn anything, she would have to teach herself....there started her love of the art of cross-stitch. (mandy hasn't any talent in drawing, and making an "X" with thread is just too easy) She enjoyed sewing as well and just began making jewellery to give as gifts and beautify the world.

As you can see, she obviously has a love of writing and her soon to be hubby is thanking the heavens that she hasn't gotten into card/book making or scrapbooking. (yet)

the end....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/summerluvin_ca          I WIST!

http://bitsandpiecestoo.blogspot.com     MY WEDDING BLOG
Melziebabee

"A Lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2008 06:12:45 AM »

Hey Craftsters (and my partner Bendybones)! Here's my brief bio:
My name is Melissa (Mel) and I'm 23 years old living in Hartsdale, NY.  Last year I graduated from Penn State and I'm now going to get my masters in education to teach while working the most boring desk job in the world.  I live with my mom still (don't laugh, loans are expensive), but I spend most of my time at my dad's with my cat and dog (Doodles and Tyson).  I'm in a temporary long distance relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years while he makes money or something like that haha.
   I've always been a "creative" person, but just recently got into exploring crafts.  I started with scrapbooking and recently began learning how to sew, do t-shirt reconstructions and work on bath and body products.
  My friends tell me I'm pretty much a tom boy stuck in a glamour girl's body, because I know more about sports than my boyfriend but adore dressing up.  I don't know where that mix came from.
   So, I'm sorry if that was a bit wordy.  I felt like I was writing some kind of personal ad haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2008 07:12:32 AM »

(sorry in advance for the wordiness.. I'm typing on the fly as things pop into my head.)
Hello everybody!

My name's Danni (which is short for Danielle). I'm random, dorky and crafty. I'm 25 and I'm from dirty Jersey. Born and raised. No. I do not have one of those exaggerated Jersey accents. Tongue I live literally up the hill from Magadoo, in an apartment with my fiancee who looks like a bear (he has a crazy beard!), and our poor confused cat Molly, who is really a boy. And bad at being a cat. The bear and I are getting married October 10 of this year.

I've been doing artsy things since I could hold a marker. At the tender age of 2 I snuck out of my crib and drew a beautiful mural of snowmen and moons and stars on my mom's freshed sanded and sealed wood panelled kitchen walls. I got into sewing, crochet and clay in high school, and still paint and draw every chance I get. I also picked up an insatiable love for photography along the way and have an account on Flickr which is filled with tons of photos.

I have a passion for all things geeky. I've been playing video games since I discovered Space Invaders on the Atari. When my mom brought home the original nintendo back in the 80's, my love of video games was sealed and permanent. I LOVE Nintendo. Even now. I still have an old school NES. I also own a Wii and a few systems in between. I will always have a place in my heart for the Zelda, Mario, and Kirby games. On another geeky tangent I love all things Science Fiction. I'm a browncoat. Star Wars (the original 3 thankyouverymuch) are quite possibly my favourite movies. My username is actually the name of a character in the Star Wars New Jedi Order book series. (although I'd been using the name Danni well before I taced Quee onto it) I'm a big fan of R2D2, Jawas, Leia and Boba Fett. I also read a lot of books and my favourite authors are Phillip K Dick, Garth Nix, and Gregory McGuire.

I love the ocean. I could never live in a land locked state. I need to be within 2 hours of the coast. MAX. I love sea creatures of all kinds and spend entirely too much time in the fish section of pet stores, or at aquariums. While I love all things oceanic, I'm partial to Seahorses, Octopus, and Great White sharks. I'd like to go cage diving, and explore reefs one day. I need to leave my country first though, as I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Currently I'm not in school, but would like to go back and get my degree in early childhood education with the hopes of one day becoming the coolest art teacher those kids have ever seen. Oh. and I hate brussel sprouts.

Now I'm going to slink off, before I tell you guys anything else you don't need to know. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2008 08:15:21 AM »

Hi Maggie!! I am so excited and nervous!!  So a bit about me...
My name is Lindy, I am 27 and live in Phoenix where it is hot, hot, hot!  I have two kids ages 7 and 3, a husband, and some pets.
I have been crafting for years, started with small collages and worked into scrapbooking after I had my first baby.  I have now moved into making jewelry and pretty much anything else I can do.  I am trying to learn to sew but can't figure out my ancient sewing machine Smiley I would also like to try my hand at polymer and resin.  As for what I like hmmm ummm well I have a wist so that should give you some idea of my taste.  If you want to know more just ask....

P.S. No worries about your crafting abilities, I am questioning mine too.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...