A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 60491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2008 08:04:26 AM »

Yay yay yay yay.!
It is partner day.!
and It's been a rainy day.
ambiguous is a preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'silly................................................') (I can't think of anything to rhyme.)

Pinky poh are you in Australia? Where abouts?

I'm scared I'll go to bed and there'll be like four more pages here..!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
Solipsist87

I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2008 08:29:51 AM »

Although we all want to get to know one another here in the Newbies swap we must keep the discussion for the most part on crafting. When things get TOO off topic all kinds of craziness can happen. This swap is about being a new swapper and making new crafty friends so a bit of off topicness is ok but not too much! the almost 3 pages of discussion about kinder eggs was a bit much and has nothing to do with being a newbie swapper. get it? . thanks!
[/quote]

Good point, 3 pages about candy seems a bit much lol. Thanks for clarifying that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2008 08:32:22 AM »

Solipsist87: when "quoting" make sure you leave the top quote part also. the one that says "quote author, link" etc...

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2008 08:35:22 AM »

So.. I've decided to learn how to crochet, anyone reckon I can suss it out and be good enough in time to have something for the swap?

Honestly?  This seems kind of counter intuitive, but I kind of see swaps as a good catalyst to try techniques you haven't tried before, or crafts you've never done.  I know I'm planning on breaking out some new things, depending on my partner's preferences. 

Though really the only thing I have much of ANY experience with is sewing, and not much of that.  So I guess I don't have much of a choice!  LOL

(Like I said before, I'm starting a crochet class this Saturday, so you and I can both learn and swap crochetted things!   Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Solipsist87

I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2008 08:36:06 AM »

Solipsist87: when "quoting" make sure you leave the top quote part also. the one that says "quote author, link" etc...

Smiley

The things you learn in the newbie swap. Smiley Thanks darlin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2008 08:37:30 AM »

oh believe me there are many more things to learn...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2008 08:48:14 AM »

oh believe me there are many more things to learn...  Smiley

...She said with an evil laugh.................
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________')

Ok So. I've Just spent AGES.! Looking up everyone's profile's and reading their wist's. I feel a little more prepared now. Plus I wisted a whole bunch of new stuff :-)

I should go to bed so I can get up early and see if partner's have been posted, hehe  Roll Eyes Cool
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 08:50:03 AM by ambiguous.miss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
BendyBones

Your mother ate my dog!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2008 09:05:11 AM »

So.. I've decided to learn how to crochet, anyone reckon I can suss it out and be good enough in time to have something for the swap?

Hey you never know! I taught myself how to crochet just this past summer, and the first project I ever did was a throw blanket. I wouldn't advise you to take that on as a first project Smiley I didn't get the concept of counting stitches, so it was wavy as all get out--luckily the person I gave it to thought it was supposed to look like that.

There are a ton of simple patterns you can do for the swap, like dishclothes and things like that. They work great, and everyone will know that you've never really done it before, so it'll be that much cooler to get it as a gift!

I have a lot of good suggestions for beginners patterns if you like. Just let me know!

When I first learned how to crochet, the first project I did was an afghan. A huge one. All I wanted was for it to be finished, so I could do other things. It took months! But, there's lots of crochet tutorials on YouTube. I don't know about left handed ones. But, it would probably help you get the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://bendybones.etsy.com - crochet

http://bendybonespapercuts.etsy.com - paper

http://bendybones.blogspot.com/ - me

Does anyone want to do a personal swap? I'm looking for a horror-ish new bag/purse. Message me if interested!
pixelpup2001
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2008 09:36:23 AM »

Yay yay yay yay.!
It is partner day.!
ambiguous is a preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'silly................................................') (I can't think of anything to rhyme.)

How come ambiguous miss gets to find out who our partners will be a day ahead... Sad That's not fair. Now if she could tell us the up and coming  lottery numbers....I think that would be a fair trade. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2008 09:42:04 AM »

Yay yay yay yay.!
It is partner day.!

How come ambiguous miss gets to find out who our partners will be a day ahead... Sad That's not fair. Now if she could tell us the up and coming  lottery numbers....I think that would be a fair trade. Wink

I dont think she gets to find out who partners are ahead of us... its just shes from Australia so shes a day ahead of the US, right? Or am I missing something? =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...