A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,896
Currently Running With Scissors:
336 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 61639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2008 06:19:00 AM »

well I think it would be nice instead of swapping themes
once you get to know your partner you can craft something
along the lines of what they like?
just to use their fave colour, show etc as a theme for one of your crafts
but not the whole thing.  Smiley
did that even make sense? or was that too obvious?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
kreestar
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2008 06:24:35 AM »

just a warning to whomever i'm paired with (apart from the excuses about my handiwork that are bound to follow the dispatch of my parcel  Roll Eyes): i'm off on a long weekend thursday to sunday so my internet access may be patchy at best. 

so please don't panic if i seem uncommunicable -- i probably am outside of cellphone reception sunning myself next to the lagoon Grin ...

the moment i find a free laptop, cellphone or i-caf, i'll be back online and getting in touch to arrange our swapperoo.

just to use their fave colour, show etc as a theme for one of your crafts
makes sense to me, but i think i may have - in a moment of madness - listed american idol as one of my favourite tv shows... hope that doesn't set me up for simon cowell printed pillow cases  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KidWithKemikals

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2008 06:28:49 AM »

thats actually really funny kreestar
if I were your partner I think Id make you a tiny pillow just because of that Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2008 06:28:49 AM »

makes sense to me, but i think i may have - in a moment of madness - listed american idol as one of my favourite tv shows... hope that doesn't set me up for simon cowell printed pillow cases  Undecided

Noooooo.... but maybe some crafty painted Seacrest underoos or something.   Grin  (Don't worry, me too.  I get so much crap from my family for watching it....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
KidWithKemikals

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2008 06:30:30 AM »

haha not that I watch AI but underoos would go totally great with my tube socks

which no one understands.. sigh
to be retro lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AromaRageST
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2008 07:18:10 AM »

So.. I've decided to learn how to crochet, anyone reckon I can suss it out and be good enough in time to have something for the swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkie_poh
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2008 07:27:07 AM »

So.. I've decided to learn how to crochet, anyone reckon I can suss it out and be good enough in time to have something for the swap?
Well, unless you're a crafting savant, I doubt you'll be able to knock out a few amigurumi like artoo1121 has been doing (in LOVE with the Anakin Skywalker with the removable hand XD); but there's plenty of time before the send-out, so I'm sure you'll be able to make a cute little something Smiley

OMG! Partner day!! SO EXCITED!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melziebabee

"A Lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2008 07:28:45 AM »

I definitely think you can if you're determined.  I always try to teach myself how to knit or crochet from books or websites, but it never happens.  I can't find a lefty book or video anywhere and my mind just doesn't work well enough to switch things around in my head while learning from a righty haha.  
I like the idea of working from someone's fave color or tv show.  It's not necessarily a theme, but just tailoring it to your partner.  I'm too excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"
AromaRageST
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2008 07:40:47 AM »

I definitely think you can if you're determined.  I always try to teach myself how to knit or crochet from books or websites, but it never happens.  I can't find a lefty book or video anywhere and my mind just doesn't work well enough to switch things around in my head while learning from a righty haha.  

oh so thats why all these videos are confusing me! saying that, my mum taught me how to knit and shes right handed, so I just knit right handed. She's tried to teach me to crochet so many times but she works really fast and it confuses me.

I'm so excited about getting my partner!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avari20
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2008 07:52:38 AM »

Hey you never know! I taught myself how to crochet just this past summer, and the first project I ever did was a throw blanket. I wouldn't advise you to take that on as a first project Smiley I didn't get the concept of counting stitches, so it was wavy as all get out--luckily the person I gave it to thought it was supposed to look like that.

There are a ton of simple patterns you can do for the swap, like dishclothes and things like that. They work great, and everyone will know that you've never really done it before, so it'll be that much cooler to get it as a gift!

I have a lot of good suggestions for beginners patterns if you like. Just let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...