A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 60589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SewFixated
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2008 08:10:07 AM »

I lived in Montana (way too cold for my AZ blood) for a year and never went to Canada.  I am upset with myself for that.  In Montana I drove through Yellowstone MANY times but never actually stopped to see the beautiful sights.  It wasn't until 4 years ago that my husband and I went on vacation to Yellowstone that I saw just how spectacular nature can be. Also, living in Arizona for 20 years, I only went to Mexico once.  I guess when something is in your own backyard you are less likely to notice it.  My DH and I have made it a point to travel Utah to see what nature has to offer here.

I noticed my wist list was not included in my signature so I fixed it!  I'm having fun adding things to my wist that I have seen on your wist lists.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2008 08:26:34 AM »

We are a mixed bunch!
I think the great thing about swaps is that you can make a friend from a different part of the world and get a feel for it that way. Ive been bitten by the travel bug and have about a 20 places I want to visit.

The funny thing is my parents were just thinking of moving to Arizona
We live in Jersey and I dont think I could handle that kind of change though

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
SewFixated
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2008 08:51:19 AM »

I have never been back east.  Arizona does have a lot to offer.  If you live in the Phoenix area you are 2 hours away from Flagstaff, where they have a ski resort.  There are many lakes around the desert area, you can go tubing, white water rafting, hiking, water skiing, camping, fishing, etc.  There are many comedy clubs, museums and places to chill.  There are a ton of different fairs and carnivals, including the Renaissance Festival (LOVE IT!) near Apache Junction which is WAY FUN.  There are a lot of cultural festivals, which I dearly miss, and Native American activities.  I actually really like Arizona.

What do you like about Jersey?  The furthest east I have been is St. Louis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2008 09:24:34 AM »

Heehee... I'm in Minnesota.  I was going to say that it's not like a lot of people think it is, the frozen tundra and all... except that I woke up to an inch of snow yesterday.  Seriously?  Snow?  In late April?  *Sigh*  But that's not normal, even for here really.

The other thing is that so many people (especially on the coasts) think that Minnesota is totally rural, with nothing to do, etc.  But seriously, the Twin Cities are pretty damn metropolitan.  Actually, the Minneapolis skyline is one of my favorite things, it's really beautiful.  Which is saying a lot from someone who loves to fish and things like that.  I'm really not much into the city stuff.  I grew up in the suburbs and married a country kid.  (He taught me to fish, actually.)  And I love him lots.  Even if he is a Packer Backer from Wisconsin.  *grin*

I'm not sure I'd ever move away, but I'd definitely go to visit.  My MIL and her husband bought a trailer outside Yuma Arizona and live down there about 5 months out of the year.  We're thinking about RVing down there next year in February or so.  Think it'll be too hot already for me in Feb?  Probably.  *grin*

Let's get some daily life details from some of you non-US people!  I've got a 10 month old, I need to live vicariously through others!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
SewFixated
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2008 09:43:09 AM »

littlebiskit:  The average temperature in Phoenix during February is in the 70s with lows around the 40s.  It's really nice.  But, sometimes it can be in the upper 80s or low 90s!  Yuma is similar to Phoenix in that respect.  I have only been to Yuma a few times.

I looked up the Minneapolis skyline, it is very pretty.  I always liked the Superstition Mountains in Arizona.  I would love to travel back east.  We might go to PA next year, if we don't have an infant at that time.  Phoenix is pretty big but where I live now in Spanish Fork, it is small to medium.  People who are from Utah think that Salt Lake is really big, they have not traveled very much.  Smiley  There are more people in the Phoenix Metropolitan area than in the entire state of Utah.

Where is everyone else from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2008 09:57:10 AM »

Haha.!

Well then. You're wishes shall be granted by the Australian, slightly delusional very tired yet still perusing Craftster fairy. (If you understood that 10+ points.!)

I am Australian.! Yay.

I live In Adelaide, which is the capital city of South Australia (That being the only state of Australia NOT founded by convicts, I thank you.) We are, apparently the 5th most populated Capital City in Australia, Given there's 8 States/Territories in Australia not such a big achievement.

We are known as the backwater town (or small country town) by other larger bully Capital cities stuch as Melbourne and Sydney (You may have heard of them  Tongue)

We have a Wikipedia Entry!

Adelaide is known as,
The City of Churches.

and

South Australia is known as,
The Festive State.

I personally think that out of the Capital Cities I have been to, Adelaide is the prettiest and the people are the friendliest. Sydney and Melbourne much too large and 'industrial' feeling. Very dirty and everyone is much angry and busy and fast walking.! It's pretty much all buildings roads jumbled together. Canberra is nice. I would rate it second. Adelaide was planned and layed out as a square in a grid making it unique and is also surrounded by park lands and pretty things. Plenty of nice public spaces with lots of green! (Except when in the middle of a heat wave, 15 days of above 35C (about 95F) and the highest I think was 46-47C 115-117F) This is super hot to us, That time of year we'd probably expect maybe 29-30 at the highest....!

Anyway. I'm rambling. Adelaide really is a great city, Small(ish), Friendly and Fun. There's plenty to do if you know where to look.

(and to keep this on-topic)

I'm so not good at this waiting thing...!!!! I'm so curious to find out who my partner is going to be and to start crafting. I'm almost tempted to not start any new projects until then but I just went out and spent about $160 on crafting stuff and If I don't do something soon I'll explode.!

ambiguous.

p.s. The one thing I hate about Australia, is that you guys in the US get so much awesome stuff.! We don't get it. Plus, if we do it's in a 'speciality' store or 'boutique' and is like twice the price. I paid like, $3.50 or $4. ($3.80 or $4.30US) for a normal sized box of milk duds. (They were actually worth it surprisingly. I don't like much American Chocolate or chocolate coated stuff, Just not the same as what I like. I'll prove it to you if you're my partner  Tongue)

anyway. Enough Rambling from me. It's time for bed...!! It's 2:30am and I'm tired.!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
littlebiskit

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2008 10:04:49 AM »

Ah, ambiguous, you hit the nail on the head.

I'm not much for american chocolate either, actually.  On the other hand?  The few times I've gone up to Canada?  (fishing of course)

I come back with LOADS of chocolate.  And soda.  Apparently there are different regulations about the soda there, it tastes different.  So yeah.  If anyone wants to send me a Wunderbar?  I'd probably fly out and kiss you right on the mouth.  LOL

OH!  And if anyone in Europe or wherever can find Kinder Surprise eggs or whatever they're called?  Seriously, apparently the American FDA thinks all American children are retarded and cant' be trusted to not eat plastic. 

Yeah, I love stuff I can't find here, funny how that is, isn't it?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2008 10:10:49 AM »

boy you Newbies sure are chatty!!! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
littlebiskit

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2008 10:14:10 AM »

Is that bad?  I'm just trying to learn about the other people.  But I can get a little off topic.  Sorry sorry! Huh  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2008 10:14:34 AM »

Ah, ambiguous, you hit the nail on the head.

I'm not much for american chocolate either, actually.  On the other hand?  The few times I've gone up to Canada?  (fishing of course)

I come back with LOADS of chocolate.  And soda.  Apparently there are different regulations about the soda there, it tastes different.  So yeah.  If anyone wants to send me a Wunderbar?  I'd probably fly out and kiss you right on the mouth.  LOL

OH!  And if anyone in Europe or wherever can find Kinder Surprise eggs or whatever they're called?  Seriously, apparently the American FDA thinks all American children are retarded and cant' be trusted to not eat plastic. 

Yeah, I love stuff I can't find here, funny how that is, isn't it?   Grin

hehe. Sorry kishcrafts...!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We have Kinder Surprise Eggs...!! haha.! Take that America.! woo.  Roll Eyes Also we have kinder chocolate. It's basically small bars of the white chocolate coated in the milk chocolate. I'd live off of the stuff If I weren't meant to be on a diet. (haha diet yeah right.!) They are awesome. Oh. hah.! You just gave me an awesome Idea for a swap craft thingy. Wow. I'm awesome Tongue hehe. (oh you are too littlebiskit.!) Ooooh! Suspense (I just have to perfect one step. No matter. Just means plenty of kinder chocolate for ME.!)

(and yes. I'm still not in bed.! This place is addictive.!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Sausage and Veggie Foil Pouch
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...