A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 ( Partners Posted; Send Outs 05/22)  (Read 61604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
~Glenda
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2008 08:05:50 PM »

Now I'm feeling very inadequate, and the swap hasn't even started yet!   Undecided

*fear!*

Eh, just don't let your brain go there!! Look at this swap as a way to get your feet wet and don't put any pressure on yourself, cuz it's supposed to be FUN, not stressful  Wink

As long as you have one area in which you feel comfortable crafting, you're good to go (said by the person who doesn't yet have very many areas of crafting with which she feels comfortable!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerluvin_ca
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2008 08:44:36 PM »

And I had thought that men were the only ones with feelings of inadequecies!

Wink

I'm trying to not fret because that will just set me up for disaster. I've noticed that there are some very ingenuitive ideas on some of the galleries for previous newbies swaps. I don't have a particular craft that I excel at but would like to call myself a "Jill of all Trades".

I know a bit about enough to keep busy and get some ideas going.

I also have faith in all of you that you are quite possibly being modest about your talents.

Mandy

PS. Kish how did the walk go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/summerluvin_ca          I WIST!

http://bitsandpiecestoo.blogspot.com     MY WEDDING BLOG
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2008 09:11:36 PM »

all the worrying that you Newbies are experiencing is called Swap Anxiety. It never goes away. I have been in 35+ swaps and although I am pretty confident in what I make for my swap partners I STILL get a bit of anxiety. So basically its normal to feel that way. Tongue

And the walk was great. Although, my hip feels slightly out of place. Oh well. It was/is all for a good cause.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
SewFixated
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2008 09:34:45 PM »

I just sent in my questionnaire and I can't wait to be accepted!  My mind is racing to find a good thing to make.  I am so excited!  I hope someone outside the US is going to join this swap. 

Can't wait, can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
kreestar
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2008 12:09:00 AM »

Haven't had chance to catch up here in a while (my bandwidth gets reset on May 1st, whereafter I can browse like a madwoman again Wink). 

SewFixated, I'm also non-US, so there's at least two of us  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2008 03:13:40 AM »

That Makes Three.

I'm in Australia. Where are you two from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
pixelpup2001
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2008 06:11:35 AM »

This waiting is worse than Christmas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2008 07:42:30 AM »

This waiting is worse than Christmas!!!

Totally. Christmas is over-rated. I always get the same thing. Money. I have no idea what I'll receive here. And the best bit. I get to make things for other people. Other people I don't know.

Oh. And I'll (hopefully) get to make a new international friend.!

(I'm posting a lot I'm just so excited.!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
SewFixated
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2008 07:46:14 AM »

I live in Utah and would love to swap with someone outside the US.  In my package I would include something that represents where I am from.  I grew up in Arizona, where it gets 135 in Bullhead, insane heat.  Phoenix is not as bad as Bullhead.  It only gets 121.  Utah has mild summers.  On average we get 5 days over 100.  There are a lot of fun things about Utah and Arizona. 

I wonder when we will see if our names are posted on the list?  I staid up until 1:00 am waiting because I was so excited.  My DH laughs at me.  When I got up this morning the first thing he said was that I was going to check craftster to see if I was approved.  He knows me too well.  Crafting being eating, showering, anything!

I'm checking out everyone's wists trying to get ideas for a swap.  Making a wist list is very easy once you download the add-on button.

Today will be a fun day.  I am visiting a friend, making a birthday present for my cousin and going to her birthday party, and going on a picnic with my DH and DD.  Hopefully I will be surprised today and will see my name on the list!

Everyone have a great day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
pixelpup2001
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2008 07:52:19 AM »

And I thought Ontario (Canada) summer's were hot! lol...
Funny..(not haha funny) how we're all different and yet we're all feeling and going through the same things eh..? It makes it such a small world.
This swapping thing is going to be so cool! And it's soooooo much better than Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...