A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Carcassonne baby blanket  (Read 5712 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_blanket , carcassonne  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cabritoesneato
« on: April 22, 2008 07:05:58 PM »

Howdy, everyone!  I'm de-lurking after . . . jeez, two and a half years . . . to show you all a blanket I recently made for a friend's baby shower.  These are some of our sexy boardgamin' friends, so what better gift for their little bundle than his very own Carcassonne blanket!   Cheesy  For those not familiar, Carcassonne is a tile-laying game where you get points by matching up the square tiles to form all those little cities and roads and such that you see in the blanket.  (That's what the big tan patches are.  Cities.  No, really.)  You can learn more about it (and check the accuracy of my depiction) here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/822

And now, the pictures!

Here's a full image, spread out on my kitchen floor.

And here's a close up of some bushes and a monastery.  I kind of stink with machine tension, so hence the puckering.

And one final image of my favoritest part: the teensy weensy bridge over the river. 

All in all, I'd say it turned out pretty well.  It doesn't all quite line up right, but due to printing fluctuations, the real game doesn't always line up perfectly either.  That's the story I'm stickin' with, at least.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008 07:07:49 PM »

I'm not familiar with the game, but I think the blanket is amazing! Great job and what a clever idea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
lanna to the max
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008 07:13:26 PM »

That's really cute and what an awesome idea for your friends! I could never have that patience X). Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chibilightangel
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008 07:30:38 PM »

That's AWESOME!!! That little bridge looks great, as do your cities and your 5 possible independent farming 'territories'. I would be really happy to get that as a baby gift so I'm sure your friends will really appreciate it.

The river expansion actually has 12 tiles, but you can tell the parents they might end up losing a piece when baby grows up and gets into things  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008 07:36:58 PM »

OMG!! i am so stealing your idea!! friends of ours are having a baby in june and i've been wanting to make them a quilt but nothing has"jumped out at me yet

awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
YaPaONi
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008 08:14:43 PM »

That is so neat! I'd like to see an "Animal Crossing" map blanket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Guin

Hey, there's a lemon behind that rock!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008 10:09:08 PM »

That rocks! If one of my guy friends has a kid, it's either this or a Settlers of Catan blankie for them! Wonderful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cabritoesneato
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008 07:11:13 AM »

Thanks, everybody!  When we gave it to our friends, they were really excited about it, especially the daddy in the duo.  hehe

chibilightangel: hehe  shhhh . . . You're not supposed to notice about the river.   Wink

1boy1girl1kitty2: Spread the geeky gamin' love!  After I decided to make it, I was totally surprised that I hadn't seen another one yet.  The squares translate to a blanket so well.

YaPaONi: An Animal Crossing map blanket would be awesome!  You could make it specific to your own little town.

Guin: I bet a Settlers blankie would be mucho hard.  I'd love to see it if you made one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adridne
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008 07:26:05 AM »

This is so awesome!  I love Carcassonne, and it makes a great quilt.  Settlers, now, that's seriously ambitious....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexa_Angel
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008 11:41:40 PM »

I <3 Carcassonne, and your blanket. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...