A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 319,229
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown Pleated Classy Clutch -- Tutorial is here!  (Read 136311 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Underhill940

Gilmore Girls, Coffee, and Crafting..life is good.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010 08:32:48 AM »

hello,  Like so many other craftsters have said, this is a great clutch!  Thank you so much for the tut.  Have you or anyone used this pattern and added a strap.  I'm looking for a clutch with a wristlet type strap. thanks.

It would be very easy to add a strap. Make the strap, turn it and iron it with the right side facing you, then place the strap in between the two outside pieces (right sides together) before you sew the outside piece of the clutch together. Does that make sense?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010 08:44:06 AM by Underhill940 - Reason: strap tutorial added » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

http://underhill940.blogspot.com/ <-- my crochet blog
www.wists.com/Underhill940 <-- yes I wist my own crafts hehe
catdaddytn
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010 01:11:30 PM »

i used a pattern very similar to your tut and added a strap.  I used a piece of trim, not a ribbon, but similar for the wristlet part.  I'm away from my home base, right now, so I don't know the pattern number.  I got confused, so I'll try to post my problem.  My clutch turned out OK, even though it didn't turn out like the pattern.

I've got to learn how to post photos.  thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Sexy Godzilla
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010 06:01:49 PM »

Thanks for the toturial!, it was all very clear and easy to follow. The only  thing I didn't get was how to do the pleat, I ended up with a smaller purse, as I use the decimal system not the inches (?) one i might've made a mistake when re-measuring the project, or i did to many pleats.
I also added a hang, so i guess i ended up with something not very similar to the clutch Wink , still, you can clearly see your pattern there, great job!

Here are some pictures:

http://s1044.photobucket.com/albums/b446/FlyingJirafas/Purse/

English is not my native languaje so forgive me for my mistakes
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Limaccia_san
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012 01:28:52 AM »

Awesome clutch, thank you for sharing the tutorial!
I linked it in a series I'm writing for my blog (http://rock-n-roll-stops-the-traffic.blogspot.it/2012/05/diy-from-head-to-toe-10.html#more), hope you don't mind Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raewright
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013 02:57:53 PM »

Thanks so much for this tutorial! I've never sewn anything to a pattern before so this looked quite scary to begin with, but I was surprised about how easily it came together. I used a different fabric for the handle section though, as I used scraps so didn't have enough of the main fabric but I'm pretty happy with it  Smiley
There's no fastening though, I didn't have any snap fastenings and was so excited about getting it finished, so think I'll just pop some velcro or something in later.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013 11:18:36 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sweatshirt Blazer
Dressing for Fall
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...