A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,815
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYHO: Which is the best issue of Ottobre for kids?  (Read 2101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
fort_loop
« on: April 12, 2008 08:35:04 PM »

If I'm going to splurge on a back issue of Ottobre for kids, which is the best one?  I have an almost-2 boy and an almost-4 girl.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nemejia
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008 11:17:38 AM »

they're all great! I know that didn't help! I think it depends on where you live. I live in TN and the most useful issues to me are the spring and summer issues. you can look through all of their issues online ottobredesign.com and pick one that you like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kymy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008 08:47:31 PM »

4/2004 has lots of great basics, like underwear leggings & stuff like that.  As for good clothes I really liked the 2/2005 had a good variety for both.  I also liked the 3/2007.

If you go to www.ottobredesign.com you can look at all the back issues & what they contain!!!

I don't know what prices you have been seeing, but one of my favorite sites to order from (especially for non subscribers) is www.sewzannesfabrics.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
fort_loop
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008 08:12:23 PM »

Thank you!

It looks like there are a lot of patterns suitable for stretch knit fabrics.  Do you think a subscription would be wasted on someone who doesn't have a serger?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AdisMum
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008 09:38:55 AM »

I was just looking at the magazine and I love love love their clothes.  Question... how hard are the patterns to follow.  I am a very novice sewer- just learned how to turn the sewing machine on a couple of months ago!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymy
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008 09:15:55 PM »

Thank you!

It looks like there are a lot of patterns suitable for stretch knit fabrics.  Do you think a subscription would be wasted on someone who doesn't have a serger?

You don't have to have a serger to sew knits!!!!!!  Yes it works better, but not required.

I don't think it would be a waste at all.  Though most people find you only need 1 years subscription to get a good 'base' of magazines & then they just buy the ones that are their favorites.

Though its more up front its MUCH cheaper in the long run & then you can get back issues for cheap.  I think that I paid $85 for my one year... I get all 4 kiddo mags, 2 womens mags & got 1 free back issue.  Most places with the shipping for one back issue is about $18 or more.

So I would say definitely worth it!  Though there are a lot of knits there are also TONS of wovens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008 08:18:54 AM »

I haven't tried the Ottobre patterns yet, but am trying to talk myself into buying a copy of the 1/2007 magazine.  It has a ton of really cute boy things in it.  I have sewed for my girls, but haven't done anything for the boy yet.  When I talk myself into spending $20 for a magazine, that's going to be it.  :-) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008 02:44:37 PM »

I haven't tried the Ottobre patterns yet, but am trying to talk myself into buying a copy of the 1/2007 magazine.  It has a ton of really cute boy things in it.  I have sewed for my girls, but haven't done anything for the boy yet.  When I talk myself into spending $20 for a magazine, that's going to be it.  :-) 

Try thinking of it as a "book" rather than a "magazine" and you'll have yourself convinced! (I recently bought the current Spring edition and just traced off my first pattern last night!) :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
mamato2girls
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008 10:39:11 AM »

I just ordered Spring 08.  It looks  adorable.  But I think it is what looks best to you.  I checked them all out online at the ottobre website. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sugar Lip Scrub

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...