A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: XXL tee? Problem solved... BRAND NEW style.  (Read 11868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
babymates
« on: April 02, 2008 06:50:26 PM »

I took my friend to her first concert ever last December, Brand New with Thrice and Mewithoutyou. *swoons*  Of course after the show the moment must be memorialized by buying a BN shirt. I'm sure all you concert-goers have had this problem that you waited to the end of the show and the only sizes left are XXL.  My friend was going to give up but I was like, "Honey, we're craftsters." We bought the very last to of this screen they had.

Here's what they looked like before we hacked 'em.

This is what we did to my friend's shirt. Kinda simple just a long sleeve hoodie combo.

And this is my shirt.

I basically cut it to ribbons then arranged the squares.  Pinned them and used the machine to sew a sort of grid lengthwise and widthwise. I'm pretty happy with how they both came out.

Hopefully this gives you some snazzy ideas. I've been making stuff like nobody's biz-ness, hopefully I'll get the rest posted.

Thanx for the lookie-loos.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008 07:20:32 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: edited to fit on hot new topics page! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008 07:02:25 PM »

Very nice!  I have that same shirt but not as rocked out as yours
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008 07:02:57 PM »

okay, now the one with the squares.... INFINITELY creative and unique! I never would have thought to do that and you've inspired me! WOW WOW WOW!  I think that's my new fav style...yer BRILLIANT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008 07:09:16 PM »

I love them both!  The second one is brilliant though.  I bought a Tori Amos shirt at a concert and grossly underesitmated my size.  I think I might try out the blocking idea.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Charfish
Ever have a 24 hour hangover and feel like you just got off the tilt-a-whirl? Welcome to Pregnancy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008 07:10:20 PM »

I love the new looks you gave the shirts!  I like them way better now! Smiley  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

khraene
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008 07:15:06 PM »

Oh wow, that second one is radddd. If I had a sewing machine/infinite patience, I'd definitely try that out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008 07:16:12 PM »

I love the grid!  I don't think I'd  be able to do that with a design I really liked, though.  I think it could really spruce up something I felt indifferent towards!

I do the "buying a huge size" thing too, but only because they don't make unisex shirts in my size, and I never like the girly designs.  I usually just size them down though, but lately I've been wanting to snazz them up a bit.  Great ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
irismooninthecity
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008 07:17:56 PM »

Those are so groovy! Great ideas!! Please tell me you didn't hem the edges of each teeny square though....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008 07:19:52 PM »

Those look great! I really love the second one, too. You've started a new trend! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babymates
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008 07:22:31 PM »

I love the grid!  I don't think I'd  be able to do that with a design I really liked, though.  I think it could really spruce up something I felt indifferent towards!

I knoooow! Haha

I made the shirt with my friend like four months ago and I finished mine in February. I was completely petrified of cutting into the design initially. It was all or nothing, but it took me months to get the courage to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...