A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
303 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 13 **discussion**  (Read 55634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2008 11:00:31 AM »

big hugs for you {{{Cookies}}}  hope you feel better soon....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2008 11:32:02 AM »

Sorry about your bf, cookies  Cry  I have some angel food cake and blackberries though - a big slab of cake is only 100 cal, and berries are good for you....

I can't go exercise, the super low humidity today (4%) is making me sick. I took the day off so I can craft, but now I may go and take a bunch of drugs and lie on the sofa and hope I don't get a fun sinus infection... maybe I will dye some things and then do some handsewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2008 11:35:29 AM »

hope you feel better ptarmic, we deal with the non-existent humidity in Alberta as well-this year seems even worse than usual, uggg crunchy skin Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
Cookies
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2008 11:42:24 AM »

Feel better soon, PW!  I can't imagine the humidity being so low...of course, I don't really ever know what the humidity is here, except in the summer when it's really high!

Angelfood cake sounds REALLY good...and so do blackberries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2008 11:55:29 AM »

Are you kidding - no humidity?  I have no idea what that would even be like  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2008 11:57:18 AM »

The blackberries are frozen, but that is fine for cake topping. I'll slice you up a piece after the berries thaw....  Smiley

Tomorrow it may snow (yes, it is 80F/26C right now) so I'm hoping that will make my sinuses happier (even tho I hate snow). Here is the local weather station, illustrating the humidity: http://www.eol.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/weather.cgi?site=fl&period=5-minute&fields=tdry&fields=rh&fields=cpres0&fields=wspd&fields=wdir&fields=raina&units=english
I love humidity. Some day I will retire to a tropical island and bask like a lizard. Smiley

Oh, and I found a fun chicken kitchen towel at the thrift store, I think I will dye paint some of the chickens (it is white with black outline chickens, like a coloring book) and put it in my shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2008 12:03:13 PM »

ooh that sounds tasty PW!

I'm just waiting for my Spanish tortilla to stand for a while so I can munch on it...not that healthy really but very yummy! ...and it is to go with a salad... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2008 01:38:45 PM »

Are you kidding - no humidity?  I have no idea what that would even be like  Cheesy

Haha, me too. The humidity can be suffocating here on the Gulf. But currently the weather is gorgeous...unnaturally chili for this time of year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #478 on: April 15, 2008 04:36:52 PM »

Preview time!

This item will be going up in my shop as soon as I can re-open (not tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe longer).

"The Little Calorimetry That Could."

This is a handspun Calorimetry made out of 100% wool yarn. It was a chunky yarn, so the gauge is bigger, with a funky chunky texture. The buttons you see are bigger than a quarter! It fastens with two buttons (a modification that I believe pixiefarts came up with, see here The picture shows your choice of buttons, but the purple and blue ones are kind of washed out by the flash (strangely, the colors in the calorimetry are pretty true). The buttons are all some kind of vintage, and I know the brass one on the left is decidedly old. I'll send whichever buttons you choose loose and you can stitch them in place to custom-fit your head, or I can sew them on for you if you're completely hopeless with a needle and thread.

This will definitely take three points, because it took hours. and hours. and hours. and hours. and hours. It's called "The Little Calorimetry That Could" because it gave me so much trouble. I carded the wool by hand to spin it! The staple is a bit short, so be aware that there's some risk of pilling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #479 on: April 15, 2008 05:44:00 PM »

Miss V, that caliometry is gorgeous! Love the yarn, it looks like a Noro colorway. Wink

I added an owl necklace to my shop, plus a pair of miniature domino tile earrings and a pair of miniature mahjong tile earrings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...