A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Black Sesame Ice Cream  (Read 1613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sabriel
« on: March 17, 2008 04:29:18 PM »

Shortly before we began dating, my husband visited Japan.  One of the things he came back raving about was black sesame ice cream.  I was determined that someday I would make black sesame ice cream.  Four years later, I've finally gotten around to it! 

Personally I prefer sweeter desserts but DH seemed to think it was pretty good.  I do think it looks cool.  And it's lactose free!  (Sorry for the blurry pic, had to snap quick before he dug in!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Litina
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008 04:54:28 PM »

whats the recipe??? Is it more savory then sweet then?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazykittylady
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008 05:21:11 PM »

I'd love to make it! What recipe did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
=^..^=
strawberrieshk
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008 05:30:48 PM »

looks different----but i like different!!

Is it sweet at all?? I'm a huuuugee fan of sweets but this looks yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi
Pretty. Odd

Reality continues to ruin my life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008 06:57:37 PM »

i dont really like terribly sweet things like milk chocolate  Tongue not my thing but dark chocolate.... Cheesy another story...

anyways i would appreciate the recipe!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who take time to be alone usually have depth, originality, and quiet reserve.

He's missing his liver. That's how some kids react to the cafeteria food. The lucky ones.
thegracklegirl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008 06:58:32 PM »

When I first saw the pic, it looked like cement!  Smiley

Wow, that sounds so yummy! I've never had sesame ice cream. I absolutely LOVE Halva, and I am guessing it tastes similar?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadegreen
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008 09:42:45 PM »

Yum! I had this and matcha ice cream at a japanese restaurant when I was pregnant and just kept on craving it afterwards. I've since found a really good recipe for the matcha but not the black sesame so I too will have to chime in with a "recipe please?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehazelwood
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008 12:07:21 PM »

I've never heard of sesame ice cream!
I had Red Bean ice cream at a Japanese restaurant once, and it was delicious, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sabriel
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008 09:19:17 PM »

I think Red Bean ice cream would be the closest comparison as far as sweetness and texture.  When I was blending the ingredients, I thought it smelled like the little sesame candies I would sometimes get as a treat when I was a kid.

The desert is from the cookbook "Secrets from a Healthy Asian Kitchen" by Ying Chang Compestine.  Unfortunately, since it's not my own recipe, I don't know if I can share it here.   Undecided  I tried to find a similar recipe on the internet but they all use milk and eggs.  (I haven't felt brave enough yet to try egg based ice creams!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...