A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,446
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Because we miss Harry Potter Swap!  (Read 82215 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jessica.Marie
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2008 01:51:05 PM »

okay so since its taking lootyaj a while to take pics ill post what i have

unfortunately i forgot to take pics of some of the things i sent so you'll have to wait till she posts some pics too.....

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008 01:51:58 PM by Jessica.Marie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessica Marie

yay i made a wist!!! http://www.wists.com/Jessica_Marie
EmBem
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2008 01:54:25 PM »

I love the fred and george bag!
Its just mischievous enough with the gred and feorge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2008 03:06:57 PM »

The Gred & Forge bag is adorable, as are the extendable ears! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2008 03:28:06 PM »

That Gred and Forge bag is adorable! I think I know the tute you used for the radish earrings! If you use bigger seed beads, it turns into the necklace I made for Dianamariemtv!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2008 04:57:36 PM »

tarot deck? was that made for you? uber jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
tasket.basket
Darn . . . It was my turn to bring the Bundt cake.

The internet is made of people.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2008 05:01:00 PM »

I got a great package from ShardaeDobby!  I am really impressed at how she incorporated my HP and crafting interests into the items she sent.  One of my primary interests is House Unity (all the Houses working together, or being equally recognized), and that is a theme that ShardaeDobby wove throughout the package.  I also love reconned items, and she made me some!

All the goodies:

S.P.E.W. tote, reconned from jeans:

The acronym on the front is hand-beaded in Hogwarts House colors.  The back says "Knit the Revolution! <heart>, Hermione" (it's hard to see in the photo).  I had told Shardae that I thought that was a particularly "Hermione" sentiment, so she put it on the bag!  I love this.

Inside the tote:

A tiny box, decorated in all the House colors:

Inside the box are crochet bands (above) and Hogwarts House earrings:

I love these!  They are so pretty, and they are just the style of earrings I love to wear.  I am wearing them now!  And they have the colors of all the Houses.  I love that, too.

Crochet cuffs:

The little crochet bands and the cuffs are in the main colors of my two favorite Houses, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!  I had been trying to come up with a way to express Shardae's two favorite Houses in one item -- something like Ravenclaw when you need to be wise, Gryffindor when you need to be brave -- but I couldn't work it out, craft-wise.  But she did, with "my" two Houses!

Hogwarts journal, front and back covers:

And the inside:

The first few pages are fact sheets on each of the four Houses: a quote from the books, House colors and symbols, well know members of the House, and so on.  The lines of the Sorting Hat's songs are on the tops of the pages throughout the book.  This is such a Ravenclaw item: when I opened up the journal, I could *feel* the research, lol!  And it's super cute.  I'm going to use it as a Swap Journal or as a general crafting log.   

The bag of candy (seen in the group shot) is also really cool.  My favorite fanfic is a parody of Veela!fic, in which peppermint candies are used to ward off Veela influence.  Shardae has given me a whole bag of Veela-deterrent (peppermints), convieniently labled, "In case of Veela Emergency, throw to victim.  Do Not approach Veela!" -- straight from the fic!  I laughed so hard, and I'm laughing again as I write this.

Thank you, ShardaeDobby, for a wonderful swap package.  You took my fannish interests and made them material, and so creatively.  I love everything.

Kitty approved!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
indigo_roses
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2008 05:16:44 PM »

Nice haul, tasket.basket! I like the phrase, "Knit the revolution." I might have to apply it somewhere, but in crochet form. Knitting's on my list of things to learn to do this summer, though! Along with cooking, spinning, sewing, polyclay-ing, pretty much anything I can get my hands on and can afford!   Cheesy Anyway, it also looks like she put a lot of time into the notebook! That came into my mind as an item to make, but I had already decided on my items and bought the supplies. Someone might be getting one in the next HP swap, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
just_lisa
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2008 05:17:12 PM »

I think on one of the front pages of our swap, not the gallery thread, but the other one, someone posted a link of HP knitting/craft links.  I got the dark mark bag chart and instructions from that link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2008 05:45:11 PM »

Those earrings are beautiful.

Everyone does such an amazing job on the Harry Potter crafts. We are all just so good!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
Lootyaj
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2008 05:52:30 PM »

Finally, here are the pics of the awesome package Jessica_marie sent me!  YAY!
All wrapped up....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2388031673_1df8d2f9ae.jpg?v=0[/img]

I left out the pictures of the items she already posted pics of, as her shots were better than mine anyway. Smiley  Again, I absolutely loved my package, and I feel really spoiled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy Jo ~
My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs
@Home This Weekend: Hamper Revamp
Tute Tuesday: Felt Owl Costume

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...