A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,845
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A garbage can made from garbage. How poetic.  (Read 414694 times)
Tags for this thread: the_big_ass_book_of_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cheesefairy13
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2009 08:32:05 PM »

I can't believe you actually finished it.  It looks freakin awsome, you've inspired me to attempt to finish the one I started.  Or at the very least to make something out the little circles I've had lying around forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hisgem
me?! sarcastic?!

hey, wait! I can make that?!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009 03:21:10 PM »

that looks truly awesome but there is no way i would have the patience for that! lol besides, i see it being crushed in the first day by one of my dogs  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
stringofpearls
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009 06:32:40 PM »

This seems like something I might like to fidget with while I'm trying to listen during class lectures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toots_one_horn
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2009 07:39:21 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THAT BOOK! I just want to have a whole week of just making stuff out of that book.  What else have you made from that book?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thenorm02
Crafty Mamma <3

didnt know my whole world would fit in to 8lbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2009 01:57:19 PM »

I love it!! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammdancer1

my heart died with gilmore girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2009 11:35:13 PM »

AMAZING!!!!!!   Smiley

How thick are your circles?  (Like, how many times do you fold a sheet of magazine paper?  I've been doing quartered-magazine size sheets folded three times for magazine bowls, but I feel like this will be too thick for the circles....)

Also, what did you use to make the center holes?  I'm looking to gauge the size of the space....  I just love your version soooo much!!!! 
Cheesy

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

am
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2009 07:21:16 PM »

AMAZING!!!!!!   Smiley

How thick are your circles?  (Like, how many times do you fold a sheet of magazine paper?  I've been doing quartered-magazine size sheets folded three times for magazine bowls, but I feel like this will be too thick for the circles....)

Also, what did you use to make the center holes?  I'm looking to gauge the size of the space....  I just love your version soooo much!!!! 
Cheesy

Thanks!

I used 1/3 of a page for each circle (cut vertically) and instead of folding them, I used a pencil to roll them into tubes on the diagonal (place pencil at one corner and roll to the opposite corner) and then flattened them. This works much better than folding, in my opinion. The strips are less bulky and easier to work with. For the center holes I just wrapped the strips around the tip of my index finger.

I haven't made anything else from this book yet but I'm looking forward to making A LOT of projects in it. It's by far the best craft book I own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zachar
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2009 10:02:27 PM »

My grandma has a garbage can made out of magazines rolled into long straw-like tubes, but I've never seen them as circles. Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Andrea_c

Crafting is life's engine.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2009 06:22:39 PM »

I loved this.I'll definitely do it and then post my results..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amkni
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2009 09:19:37 PM »

I love this garbage can so much!

I've been working on one of my own over the past few days... definitely a lengthy process.  I definitely applaud your determination!  I've improvised a bit and it seems to be working easier- I'm using a chopstick to roll the 'straws' and for the circles I'm rolling them around the end of a small Elmer's glue stick, that way my fingers are a big less sticky and the circles are more uniform. 

Right now I have a shoebox full of circles and I think that I've finished the base, I really wasn't sure how big to make it, though.  It's a little bigger than my hand.

Thank you so much for posting this!  It is a fun, yet, tedious project and I hope mine looks even somewhat as good as yours when (and if) I finish!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...