A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gnome Swap Round 2 GALLERY!!!  (Read 30875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2008 01:16:02 PM »

Ooooh. *____* That sounds -really- good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2008 02:05:30 PM »

Yummy looking cookies! <3 The buckeyes look good too. *also hungry* What are they?

Buckeyes are peanut butter dipped in Chocolate. NUMMY NUMMY!!!!!!

Soooo nummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts • Chats • Swaps
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2008 02:25:12 PM »

Okay.. I want in on the yummy goodness!!!!  I want a recipe, too!!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2008 05:14:35 PM »

Here's the recipe that Jack and Jolly Gnome shared with Tazzell:

Being life-long Ohioans, they have a special recipe to share with you called “buckeyes”. The Buckeye (or horse chestnut) is the state tree, and the name for many sports teams. Ohioans call themselves “Buckeyes”, and senior citizens are known as “Golden Buckeyes”. These treats resemble the fruit of the buckeye, and are quite popular here.

BUCKEYES
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Crisco or vegetable oil
In the bowl of a food processor, add 1/2 the quantity of the butter, sugar, peanut butter. Process until well combined.
Shape into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate. Repeat this process with remaining ingredients.
In the top of a double boiler, combine Crisco or vegetable oil and chocolate, simmering and stirring until chocolate has melted. (If you don't have a double boiler, melt it in a small metal bowl over boiling water in a saucepan; alternatively, use a microwave). When melting chocolate, be careful not to allow any moisture to touch it (or steam), as this will cause the chocolate to seize and you'll have to start over!
Dip each ball in chocolate until partially coated. Place on wax paper or silicone sheets.
Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container.

There are many other recipes, too! I for one prefer creamy peanut butter.
Just avoid the recipes that ask you to add parafin to the chocolate - it is not necessary and parafin is a petroleum product anyway.

ENJOY!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2008 07:07:10 AM »

My mother in law makes buckeyes (I'd never heard of them before marrying my husband.) I know she puts rice krispies in hers though.

Personally they are far too sweet for me. (never thought I'd say that.)

And oddly my husband who hates all sweets  Shocked Eats them like crazy and can't get enough of them, and doesn't understand why I can't eat them. So weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
Ezri_B
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2008 08:59:04 AM »

Well, I just had a lovely post typed out and perfect, but then the power went out before I posted, grrr. It doesn't happne often, but when it does I'm always in the middle of something that needs electricity..... anyway.

Kaunartist and I both received from each other in the last day! He's away (at school I believe) and so he hasn't seen what he received yet. He told me I could post pictures, and that he wouldn't look but I thought that would be cruel, so I will post a link, so anyone who wants to can look. http://flickr.com/photos/ezri_b/2438099129/ I did forget to take a pic of one thing before I sent, but then I guess that's a surprise for everyone isn't it.

Here are the WONDERFUL things that he sent me.
Group Pic

Hand Carved Salt and Pepper Shaker Gnomes. He said their names are Iorek and Hannah.... I think that fits them just perfectly!

Closeup of the notepad art

Closeup of the Handcarved Stamp

Last but certainly not least is the closeup of my mushroom. I think it is a napkin holder. For the moment it is next to my phone storing my new notepad, but I think I will use it for napkins in the future.

The back of it looks a little raised, because it snapped off in transit, but a quick bit of glue and it was fixed and looked perfect again!

Thank you so much Jesse everything is just wonderful, and totally goes well in my gnomey kitchen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2008 09:43:55 AM »

HOLY CRAPOLA!!!  Kaunartist, the handcarved salt & pepper shaker and stamp are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got some wicked skills!! How long did that take you to make?!?!?! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaunartist
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2008 03:49:57 PM »

Yea, that's a napkinholder. It's good at storing anything papery, really.

The saltshakers were a lot of work - I did myself the wonderful favour of grabbing the hardest wood I have ever worked with (off the forest floor, so I can't really complain). My thumbs are finally healed from the blisters from carving those babies, but they were so worth it. My mom and aunt both demanded a set each so I'll be making more soon, but I've ordered carving wood for those, so hopefully it'll take a bit less time. When I'm finished those I will post them as my first finished project on Craftster. I think I carved Iorek over a Friday night and a Saturday, so I'll say one whole day of work to make one.

I'm so glad I made them because it gave me a really good excuse to buy the drill I've been wanting for a while Smiley

Linoleum is a lot softer than wood, the stamp took me about 30 minutes probably.

Thanks for your compliments Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2008 04:08:19 AM »

Yea, that's a napkinholder. It's good at storing anything papery, really.

The saltshakers were a lot of work - I did myself the wonderful favour of grabbing the hardest wood I have ever worked with (off the forest floor, so I can't really complain). My thumbs are finally healed from the blisters from carving those babies, but they were so worth it. My mom and aunt both demanded a set each so I'll be making more soon, but I've ordered carving wood for those, so hopefully it'll take a bit less time. When I'm finished those I will post them as my first finished project on Craftster. I think I carved Iorek over a Friday night and a Saturday, so I'll say one whole day of work to make one.

I'm so glad I made them because it gave me a really good excuse to buy the drill I've been wanting for a while Smiley

Linoleum is a lot softer than wood, the stamp took me about 30 minutes probably.

Thanks for your compliments Smiley

Is there a tute somewhere for making  stamps? They look so cool!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaunartist
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2008 11:34:40 AM »

1. Buy linoleum or a stamp carving block (I have never worked with the latter).
2. Take an exacto knife, or gouges if you have them, and cut away. Keep in mind the picture will reverse, and that anything you cut away will print as white, whatever you leave will be black (or whatever color you stamp with).
3. Stamp!

I'm sure the stamp forum here will have plenty more info, but that is essentially all there is to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...