A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 311,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
351 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Turtle-Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 24621 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2008 01:01:11 PM »

I've had this pattern in my Ravelry queue for a while, and thought it would be fun to start up a crochet-along for Tiny Turtles! I'm going to be making mine tonight and will post my picture later. Anyone up for it?

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40998

There may or may not already be people who have made this, but it seems simple enough that I open it up to everyone to litter the world with tiny turtles!

UPDATE: Here's Timmy the Turtle -

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:35:08 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crzychick
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008 05:03:41 PM »

Cheesy That's sooo cute!!! Cheesy
I wanna make one! I just started crocheting a few days ago (I'm more of a knitter), and this pattern looks simple! Cheesy
I'll have to search my stash for two colors of yarn...
On the website for the pattern, are the eyes for the turtles really buttons? Or are they bead eyes?
And what is the importance of the "ch1"s in the beg of each round? Doesn't that add a stitch to the round? Like on row 2 it says "(12 sc)", does that include the ch1?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008 08:09:52 PM »

1. The eyes they used in the pattern are the safety eyes. I used googly eyes glue-gunned on.

2. From what I could tell, the significance of the ch. 1 is a place to attach the slip stitch at the end of each round. It did not mess up my stitch count at all.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008 12:56:13 PM »

I just finished making one of these a couple weeks ago, but he was a bit of a failure. (still cute though!). You can see him and read about his problems here:http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2008/02/tiny-striped-turtle-by-request.html

I want to make more of these, so consider me a member of your Turtle-Along. I've actually never participated in a Craftster crochet-along before. What do I have to do? I mean, aside from making the pattern. Do I post my finished turtles on this thread, or in Completed projects? Is there a deadline, do we have to have our turtles done by a specific date?

Looking forward to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008 01:05:52 PM »

From what I've seen in other crochet-alongs, you just have to post your finished object in this thread or link it to where the finished object is.

I'm probably going to make a few more above and beyond Mr. Timmy here, so if/when I do I'll be posting them up here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008 01:27:50 PM »

These are very casual. I post my "-along" in the thread like this one, and we talk about the patterns, problems, inspiration, etc. Very laid back and always motivating for me to make new things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
crafty momma

Peace, Love and Crochet!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008 06:24:16 AM »

I would love to join this cal.  I have had this pattern for awhile and been meaning to do it.  lol now i have a good reason too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susief00

Live and let.......Crochet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008 05:41:24 PM »

Oh count me in! I mean Turtles are my favorite animals and I actually started one of these a week ago so i'm already half way there...lol.

I just have to make two more legs, his tail and sew him together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008 02:38:13 PM »

Just started making my first Turtle-Along turtle this morning. His shell is done and it's purple and blue. I have huge amounts of Bernat Satin left over from two afghans I made last year, so I'm going to use that stash to make a few turtles. Then whenever I see friends I haven't seen in a while, or it's someone's birthday, I'll have a little gift to give them. (That is, if I can bear to part with any of these turtles once they're done!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008 03:25:23 AM »

Amber that's a great idea!

I can't wait to see everyone's turtles!!! Keep 'em comin'... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...