A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
305 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet "Amy Von Meowhouse" Made For hardyswanton01  (Read 6737 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SugarySweet
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008 07:13:00 PM »

I was so happy with the tutu. I will be making more.  I can't imagine how much fabric it would take to make it that full for an adult.

Be prepared when you make one. It took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish for the poppet sized tutu.  Tongue
I made one for myself last week. I have a 38 inch waist and it took me 3 yards but I have some "bare" spots. I want to buy one more yard to fill then in. Smiley

Wow, 3 yards. My daughter wants to make one for a concert. She likes to make crazy outfits in theme that will go with whoever she will be seeing. *I think it will be for the Horrorpops concert.*

I am going to buy her tons of tulle so it will super full like the one I made for Miss. Amy Von Meowhouse.  Grin

For the poppet I cut the tulle every 11 inches x 5 pieces at 45 inches or however wide it is. I'm not sure how wide the tulle is, maybe 45 inches like other fabrics?
Then each of those I cut every 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tie around the elastic. I didn't measure the tie strips. I'm not sure how many I ended up with because I just cut. Maybe around 150 to 200 ties around the elastic!! Wowza, no wonder it took so long.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 06:19:27 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008 01:29:21 PM »

I am oh so very lucky to get such and awesome poppet!  I instantly thought of Amy Winehouse when I gave her her first hug, but the outfit reminded me too of Kat Von D, the tattoo artist, and then she whispered her name . . .

Amy von Meowhouse!

I am going to have to a) find my batteries and take pics
b) learn to make more clothes because even though she adores her current outfits, she's a fashionista and is demanding more, more, more!
c) Bring her to work, she's too cool to leave at home all the time

Thanks sooo much to kimscozykitchen!  I *adore* my poppet and will be sure to spoil her like you spoiled me.  Maybe a little cupcake outfit, I have some of that fabric left . . . .

And you know what, goth has some "guidelines" but its really whatever you want it to be, and I think she's a little kitty goth girl, waiting to hit the club and rock out to techno.  thats it, she can be my date to the goth club since i no have boyfriend anymore Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008 02:45:31 PM »

LOVE her!  Her outfits are pretty cool too,
Now I Have to make myself a poppet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
*I love Nick Jonas*

I love the jobros!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008 12:25:21 PM »

omg i love her dress with the skull on it!she s cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~CrYsTaL~
catluvr412002
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008 09:04:16 AM »

Awesome Poppet!  Love the outfits.  Love the poppet fabric most of all.  I love all things "cat".  Where did you find the fabulous material to make this poppet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarySweet
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008 09:20:44 AM »

Oh thanks everyone.

catluvr, I got it at Wal-Mart. I was at our area Wal-Mart the other day. They don't have the same fabric any more, but the have a very similar fabric.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008 03:59:14 PM »

I was so happy with the tutu. I will be making more.  I can't imagine how much fabric it would take to make it that full for an adult.

Be prepared when you make one. It took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish for the poppet sized tutu.  Tongue
I made one for myself last week. I have a 38 inch waist and it took me 3 yards but I have some "bare" spots. I want to buy one more yard to fill then in. Smiley

Wow, 3 yards. My daughter wants to make one for a concert. She likes to make crazy outfits in theme that will go with whoever she will be seeing. *I think it will be for the Horrorpops concert.*

I am going to buy her tons of tulle so it will super full like the one I made for Miss. Amy Von Meowhouse.  Grin

For the poppet I cut the tulle every 11 inches x 5. I'm not sure how wide the tulle is, maybe 45 inches like other fabrics?
Then each of those I cut every 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tie around the elastic. I didn't measure the tie strips. I'm not sure how many I ended up with because I just cut. Maybe around 150 to 200 ties around the elastic!! Wowza, no wonder it took so long.

There is such an easier way to make a tutu!!!!
For the ones I make I layer all of the wide strips, and then do a long stitch down one side. Pull on the threads to gather, and then make a waistband with double fold bias tape. You can create a casing for elastic with this, or just make it so that it overlaps in the back and use several snaps or eyes with a hook for adjustability.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008 08:59:47 PM »

Thanks craftewoman, I'll have to try it that way too.

I like how super fluffy these are though. It just doesn't seem to show how fluffy they are in the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AStutler4907
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013 12:26:55 PM »

She reminds me of Snooki! Haha, I LOVE it!! She has so much personality. I love the fabric and the outfits! I think this is my favorite poppet yet! Great work =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Molasses Candy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Elf on a Shelf Tutu
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...