A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt Swap Gallery  (Read 28813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
artistrachelmarie
Rachel Marie

Knitty Dirty Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2008 08:47:24 PM »

arwena,
Thanks so much for posting such beautiful piccies!! and awesome descriptions. You were the best swap partner ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arwena
Art could be ever so funny if it wasn't such a deadly serious business.

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2008 08:47:55 PM »

p.s. I love that the title of this booklet is "knit sweaters with style"  with style??  I am keeping it forever though, because I find it terribly amusing :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my blog at www.prettylittlethings.com
arwena
Art could be ever so funny if it wasn't such a deadly serious business.

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2008 08:53:52 PM »

no, YOU were the awesomest swap partner ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my blog at www.prettylittlethings.com
demekah

Just Being Creative..

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2008 02:48:08 AM »

I love the color of that wool, it is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just Being Creative..
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2008 03:24:32 AM »

there have been some totally awesome packages in this gallery! wow!

too many really cool things to remember everything but the cow stitchmarkers are great, I think that disected frog is totally awesome! kbauer did a great job on her first sewn bag, and I love that cloth! and those Mr T pads cracked me up, and are really well done!

Ronda
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 03:27:35 AM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2008 07:14:44 AM »

Yay Amanda! I was so excited to see that you posted pictures! It's okay about the action-shot. The hubs won't take action shots of me, so I have to do them all myself. I know how hard it can be. I forgot how pretty that coffee cup was (it stayed in the tissue paper I wrapped it in when I was at work); I just might have to go pick one up for myself. Wink

p.s. I promise I will get pictures up sometime today. It might be later this evening. I have a busy day ahead of me.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
coryjo
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2008 09:07:01 AM »

p.s. I promise I will get pictures up sometime today. It might be later this evening. I have a busy day ahead of me.  Roll Eyes

Crap!  I forgot that I hadn't posted my pics yet until I saw this.  I will do that tonight, with my computers cooperation of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kenners
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2008 01:36:47 PM »

Dear Goodness me, this is the 5th time I've tried to post this... my computer has not been kind to me!

I received before Easter from Slappersire and it was a marvelous parcel! Slappersire ought to be nominated for a swap partner award or something.... its such an awesome package. As you will see...

Sorry the pictures are a wee bit dark, I took them when i got home from work. Also I hope I've got everything in the right categories as I opened them pretty quickly due to excitement levels being rather high!

Funny
Its a bag, but its a funny bag... in fact its a funny knitting bag.

Its says 'If sheep are so silly why do they wear sensible coats'
I love the little sheep, its so happy looking and cute.

Inside the bag there is a little pouch for a pair of beautiful scissors (also part of the parcel)

Action Shot:

Hard:

A beautiful (and powerful) wooden clip in the shape of an elephant. Its polished wood with a metal inlay. Its beautiful and is currently holding a load of sketches together very handily.

Senders choice: Handy

These are wonderful... I cannot believe how perfect they are... a pair of snug, penguin fingerless gloves.

Just look at those penguins! So fantastic!

Green

It was so squidgy inside the tissue paper that I sat and played with it for a good few minutes before opening it. So squeezy.
Its fibre! Green and brown fibre! Its lovely, I plan on spinning and felting a plethora of woodland based projects with it

Round

By the time I opened this category I was already so excited my boyfriend thought I was high, but it only got better...

Such lovely hand spun yarn.... I love the combination of the natural fibres in with the coloured. Its glorious. I haven't quite yet decided what to do with it mind... its got to be something extra specially good.

Local

This was the last one I opened and it was perfect as after the excitement what I needed was a cup of tea!

Not only do I adore tea, I also work in a herbalists and love herbs so these are perfection in dried vegetation form!

T

Lookie! This is the item I am most exited about in the long term as I've been meaning to learn how to crochet

Its a book on crochet jewelery... (that I am already drooling over)

Some fibre to start off with

and a selection of gorgeous wooden  crochet hooks

I honestly cannot believe what an awesome partner Slappersire has been, especially with an injured thumb as well! So thank you so much Slappersire, and also apologies I haven't managed to get these pictures up sooner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2008 02:31:59 PM »

Slappersire, you put together a really thoughtful and amazing package! I looooove the fiber and the penguin gloves!

Grahairedoldlady sent me an incredible package, which I received today. I couldn't have been more spoiled!

I'm a photophile and this is going to get gushy so brace yourselves Wink!

Under the outer wrapping, I recognized the box - it was the box I sent my package in. And that box came to me from a different swap. Yay for recycling!

I love the massive amounts of stamps on it. Lighthouses, anyone?

Each package was lovingly wrapped and labeled.

They looked very pretty, but that didn't stop me from tearing into them!

Local was a skein of natural single-ply wool yarn!

I love this lopi style yarn and I can't wait to defile its pureness with loads of unnatural colors!

Round was a Magic Yarn Ball! Now I understand why this item is such a popular and recurring swap on Craftster - it was SO MUCH FUN TO UNWIND!

Yes, I sat there for a long while and unwound it. It's a good thing there were treats inside because winding yarn is hungry business! Look at all the wonderful Easter treats!

There were pencils, chocolates, a cute flop-eared pom-pom bunny, a gorgeous cotton wash cloth (I love these) she knitted, and a beautiful felted Easter egg she knitted, too! Not to mention the ball of yarn, which is full of pretty colors. The "Dashing" pattern included with it will be fun once I get used to the DPNs!

Green is really special. A little organic cotton purse in the shape of a shell in the most delicate green color I have ever seen.

It took my breath away. And it's perfect for the upcoming spring and summer!

"T" is a cute felted totebag that made me squeal in delight.

And then I opened it and squealed some more. It has all kinds of yarnie tools in it!

Yarn needles...

Plastic thingies (I don't know what they are, but hopefully, as I get more into knitting, I will need them some day) and needle point keepers...

And it also contained the Hard item: sea-creature stitch markers! I love them!

Having a little knitting notions tote like this makes me feel like a real knitter. Smiley

The Funny item is a tube of candy that has a little bunny rabbit with a button on his stomach:

It made me laugh because when you push the belly button (lol - I just got that!), his face spins and stops on a different expression:

So cute!

And now, for Sender's Choice, I was absolutely blown away. A sock knitting kit!!! It got me a little choked up and even now I'm still getting teary-eyed because it's such a wonderful and thoughtful gift, I felt overwhelmed in a very good way.

She included gorgeous striping sock yarn in my favorite colors, two sets of DPNs, what looks like the end-all-be-all book about sock knitting, and a really cute beaded satin dragonfly (my favorite!) bookmark! And, what's more, she called me a KNITTER!!! Cheesy

I have been swooning for while now and I should probably lie down before I get so high on yarn that I float away.

Thank you, Micki, for your thoughtfulness and your generosity. You really know how to make a fellow yarnie feel special... Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2008 02:55:46 PM »

Kenners - Slappersire did good by you! I love that bag, so cute! and I love the yarns too - wish I could work with some of the more exotic stuff (hate allergies!)

and Grahairedoldlady - wowsa did you send liebschien a great package too - though I think my fav part is the little knitter's helper bag with the goodies and the really adorable stitchmarkers!

I am going to start another post for my pics as I need room to glow about my wonderful partner!

Ronda
Blessings!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...