A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cord length on circular needles?  (Read 445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftaclysm

The Sun never sets on the sneaky flute empire!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2008 04:34:05 PM »

So, this just occurred to me the other day, and its driving me nuts thinking about it.  I bought a pair of circular needles that are supposed to be 13", but the cord looks a LOT shorter than pictures of the needles that are pictured in the pattern I'm working.  So when circulars say 13" or whatever the length is, does that mean the cord is that long, or the cord and needles attached are that long combined?  and is this regulated in any way or do needle makers just get to do whatever they want?  I could measure my needles, but can't measure any in pictures on the internet, and I was looking at some in the store after I noticed this, and even within the same brand they looked like they were different lengths.  The cord I bought for interchangeable needles looked like it was 16" itself, but the one-piece 16" needles looked like it was only that long if the needles were included in the length.  its not too much of a big deal, as it doesn't affect my hat at all, but i want to know cause this is driving me crazy.  how can there be so little order in the circular needle world?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008 04:47:21 PM »

A circular needle is measured tip to tip. I believe that's pretty standard in the industry. If you bought a 16" cord, then when attached to the ends it would make about a 24" needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...