A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 314,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative halloween costumes  (Read 250054 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

mamacrikt
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2006 12:21:02 PM »

A friend of mine once dressed as a cheesegrater. All it took was some tin-foil covered cardboard and a black marker. She also wore all silver make-up and tights. It was pretty awesome. We made a huge hunk of cheese to go with her, but nobody would wear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizabeth128
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2006 02:16:13 AM »

This wasn't for Halloween, but for a Heroes and Villians party I was Lizzie Borden - it was really easy.  I just got a black skirt and frilly poofy blouse from a thrift store, pinned up the collar with a brooch and got a fake ax and covered it with fake blood.  I also splattered some blood on my shirt and put my hair in a bun with curls around my face.  Also, I was Alex Mack for a recent "theme camping" expedition (aka costume party in the woods).  I had a flannel shirt tied around my waist, overalls, a backwards hat, a striped little boys' shirt and kelly green chucks. I thought it was cool, but a few people guessed that I was Dennis the Menace.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaynaYasha
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2006 12:33:38 PM »

How about kids' costumes??  

I have a 9 year old girl, 4 year old boy, & a 4 month old girl.  The oldest is stuck on being a wizard, the boy changes his mind constantly, and the baby just doesn't have a choice.  Any cool ideas for them?

By the way--I love the Freudian slip idea!![/color]

I just finished making my kids costumes for this year.  They're 18 month old (boy & girl) twins and they're going to be Bacon & Eggs.  I made my daughter a  felt sunny side up egg on both the front and the back and my sons costume has two big felt strips of bacon on his front and back. I stuffed them with pillow stuffing...she'll wear white sweats and he'll wear maroon... viola... It was quick and easy... and cheap.  You could do the same and make your 4 month old a piece of buttered toast   Grin  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

""Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."- Eric Draven"
RockReceptionist

i do something creative every day

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2006 07:45:05 PM »

this year i need two costumes!

halloween night i'm going to see my friend's band and i'm going to dress as a title of one of their songs, "princess of darkness." it's a sweet ballad, but i'm going in black and purple with spiders, bats and a black tiara. black roses and pointy boots.

there's a costume contest at the office and if i go as princess of darkness, i will look like a witch and won't win any prize money. organizing my dresser, i came across a long sleeping shirt with cats all over it and thought it would be cool to be a crazy cat lady. tease my hair, get some stuffed animal kitties to perch on my shoulder and around my desk, and find some socks and jewelry with cats on them. i could wear wear black leggings or a black sweater with (simulated) cat hair all over them.

any other ideas for the crazy cat lady costume? i think this could be really funny, if done right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizabeth128
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2006 12:03:51 PM »

My friend was a crazy cat lady for a costume party lately! It was really funny; she had a pink nightgown, a bunch of plastic bags and her makeup was all smeared:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockReceptionist

i do something creative every day

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2006 12:32:51 PM »

thanks for posting the pic! that's funny. i like the way she emphasized the crazy part of crazy cat lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewnupheart
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2006 05:18:00 PM »

last year i wanted to be the female version of frankenstein but ran out of time and money so this year that is what i plan on being.  I am going to get some black platform boots with buckles and wear a black skirt and a purple shirt and a gray blazer...My ears are stretched so I am going to reconstruct some plugs I have to look like bolts in my ears...it shall be fun!!
Previous years I was a zombie school girl, and I was also a "Well loved rag doll" last year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I want to be the surgeon that cuts you open, that fixes all of lifes mistakes.  I want to be the house that you were raised in, the only place that you feel safe."-Bright Eyes
Elizabeth128
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2006 06:44:28 PM »

thanks for posting the pic! that's funny. i like the way she emphasized the crazy part of crazy cat lady.

No problem! I don't think I'm going to tell my roommate that I posted that picture of her.  I think she'd be a little mad at me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2006 07:18:58 PM »

last year i wanted to be the female version of frankenstein but ran out of time and money so this year that is what i plan on being.  I am going to get some black platform boots with buckles and wear a black skirt and a purple shirt and a gray blazer...My ears are stretched so I am going to reconstruct some plugs I have to look like bolts in my ears...it shall be fun!!
Previous years I was a zombie school girl, and I was also a "Well loved rag doll" last year

sewnupheart How did you do the "well loved rag doll"Huh It sounds wonderfull!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2006 06:35:23 AM »

A friend of mine once dressed as a cheesegrater. All it took was some tin-foil covered cardboard and a black marker. She also wore all silver make-up and tights. It was pretty awesome. We made a huge hunk of cheese to go with her, but nobody would wear it.

Oh, that's great!  I'm stealing that idea this year.  How did you make the huge hunk of cheese costume?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fancy Solar Lighting
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Paper
Craftster Rocks!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...