A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post! "Elvish" hoodie. warning: pic heavy and lots of orange!  (Read 10658 times)
Tags for this thread: hoodie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Spoox
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008 07:36:40 PM »

That. Is. Fantastic!
How do you do hoods like that? I seem to only be good at drafting clothes for toys- every time i've gone pattern-less for a human it has... not worked out well. yeah, that'll do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knowledge is power
Power corrupts
Study hard
Be evil.

An Aussie VERY out of place...
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008 09:01:28 PM »

Looks great. I would wear it if I got it as a gift. I can legitimately say I'm inspired by your work. I've got some velour I was saving and I was scared to do a lot of this with it.

Very cute color combo and the pockets look rad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008 04:47:48 AM »

I love it.  I would go with deep dark green with a lite green inside.  Like link from all the zelda games.  Or black and have the inside hood and pockets in deep purple.  Oh, that sounds cool.  Will you be adding a tut. soon?  So we can all make one too??? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
Schnoogles
Shazberry Schnoogles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008 07:47:05 AM »

Hey, this is cool! I've never heard of or seen "Elvish hoodies" where I am in Canada. What a cool idea though! You can flaunt your LotR obsession in a flattering way!

I love the colours too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dom: "This guy was a nightmare to work with, the Balrog. He had a huge trailer, never came out, never bought a round when we went to the bar, do you remember?"

Billy: "Very rude."
Trocks
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008 07:50:59 AM »

Great choice in fabric!
I love the hood.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008 08:59:38 PM »

i want that....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
Phyxious
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008 02:44:04 AM »

Wow, thanks everyone!! Grin I gave it to my friend last weekend now and she loved it! It fit her so perfectly! I'm so happy because I was really worried that it would be too big. I'll add pics of her wearing it when I get home from work tomorrow Smiley

To answer some Q's:

Yes, it IS very soft and comfy! I'll probably make myself a couple of these, so I can wear one every day haha Smiley

@Spoox: The hood is really simple, just do a regular hood shape and then draw a straight line either from the top (or bottom) of it, the lenght of the hood, then a slanted line down (or up) to it so the ends meet. If that makes sense? Smiley I can draw a picture later...

@PixieSkull: Go for it! It's so great to wear!

@missmoppet: that's kinda what I was going for at first, but they didn't have any greens that matched :/ But black and purple (or black and red) would be great! You can do so many variations with the colors too, like the arms another color than the body etc.

I can try to draw a short tutorial for it when I have time soon. It's really easy to make the pattern actually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When it's 1 am and you can see dancing elephants in the texture of your carpet, it's probably time to go to bed...
Phyxious
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008 01:17:28 PM »

Better pics added!
I think I will wait making a tute until I make another shirt so I can take photos of the progress. Or does anyone want it right now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When it's 1 am and you can see dancing elephants in the texture of your carpet, it's probably time to go to bed...
Pipecleaner Zombie
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008 10:26:39 PM »

Ah its cute! I've never seen that type of hood before (well, outside of fantasy movies) but I really like it!
Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Perrelle

Geeking it up, old school.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008 08:38:03 PM »

Fantastic! I've never been a fan of hoodies, but I'd definitely wear that. Especially with that fabric! (I have a secret love of velour and anything velvety. Tongue) I'd love to see that tutorial whenever you're ready to post one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never give your reasons, for your judgement will probably be right, but your reasons almost certainly will be wrong.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...