A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
152 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yep, another deck of cards v-day present  (Read 2111 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

popsicax
« on: February 13, 2009 02:36:36 PM »

I made my husband a vday present and thought about posting it here, I copy/pasted the v-day part of my journal entry, so that's why I sound nuts.  =x

I SPENT NOTHING ON HIS VDAY PRESENT!!!  I had all the supplies around the house.  I was going to use three ring binder rings to keep it closed but I couldn't find any that were easy to get out so I used key chain rings because I used to collect keychains when I was younger and I had tons of different sizes, they are of my two largest rings.  =o)  I planned on doing tons more - but that's okay.  I also wanted to use a red deck of cards, hwich I also had but it was for pinuckle??  and they only havelike 47 cards or something... so I had to use the only new deck of cards I happened to have lying around.  =o\

husband = Brian
daughter = Verlina

^card I made Brian - I colored it with crayons - it says 'it's not much but it's all I got' and 'vday 2009'

^the cover of his vday gift

^a random 'page' in the vday gift

^the end two cards I wrote him a note.  =o)  It says 'Brian, I love you so much that this list doesn't do justice.  I appreciate everything..' [it continues to say:] '..you do for Verlina and I.  I'm so glad I met you.  Love, Jessi'

^I cut out heart shaped holes in the cards, kept them... cut out hearts from the red paper I used for the cover behind the words.. and kept them too - put them on top of the card on top of the tissue paper.

^the final package.  I used tissue paper I saved from a victora secrets purchase to make a package, then the card I made is the 'tag' and I used ribbon that says 'love' bunches of times to tie it all shut.  So, when he rips into it - heart shaped confetti will go everywhere! YAY FOR MESSES!! Makes it more fun, I think!
</lj-cut>

<a href="http://www.cheekymagpie.com/?p=500">REAL HEART SHAPED VDAY CARD PATTERN</A>

I've never posted here before - so I hope I did everything right, I'm still trying to figure it out.  =o|  I hope to be more active as I am trying to be more crafty from now on.  I like crafting.. love crafting, so I hope you all will see more of me.  =o)
=o)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 02:43:42 PM by popsicax » THIS ROCKS   Logged
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009 02:43:27 PM »

cool! i love this idea. i made a set and posted it too LOL i am thinking of making a deck for my BFFs bday at the end of the month. i wrapped it in cellophane with some chocolates inside and curling ribbon on the outside. I liked the Free part too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...