A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My manga cons.  (Read 1965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Amigurumi4Life

Conscience begs for you to do what's right

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2009 06:59:16 PM »

I had some pink fake converse. These were my very first pair of chucks. (I've only been into con for about 3 years) Sorry for the really crappy pics.

I love the fronts. Especially the little bat.

Ignore the twilight logo.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009 07:01:39 PM by Amigurumi4Life » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_bunny
Total Newb

I Love Tacos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009 08:46:17 PM »

how cute - how did you do the manga parts?  just love how they turned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amigurumi4Life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009 08:56:22 AM »

I loved how they turned out too. Grin
It pained me so to cut up my book.
All I did was put a layer of matte Mod Podge(I love that stuff) where I was going to put the picture on the shoe I stuck the pic on then I put another layer of Mod Podge on top. I did that till I covered the both shoes. Then I covered it 6-7 more layers of Mod Podge.
I wore them once and the bottom edge came undone and they tore a little in the back so I put some E6000 where it came off and over the tears where. They haven't caused me any trouble since.
Next I want to do some Fruits Basket or Death Note low tops.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009 08:57:33 AM by Amigurumi4Life » THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguins
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009 06:00:23 PM »

All I did was put a layer of matte Mod Podge(I love that stuff) where I was going to put the picture on the shoe I stuck the pic on then I put another layer of Mod Podge on top. I did that till I covered the both shoes. Then I covered it 6-7 more layers of Mod Podge.
I wore them once and the bottom edge came undone and they tore a little in the back so I put some E6000 where it came off and over the tears where. They haven't caused me any trouble since.

I've literally written that down because I LOVE the shoes and want to try some of my own. So, thanks for sharing that and your talent. I hate manga but would wear those shoes they're that awesome!!!!!!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amigurumi4Life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009 10:27:35 AM »

I've literally written that down because I LOVE the shoes and want to try some of my own. So, thanks for sharing that and your talent. I hate manga but would wear those shoes they're that awesome!!!!!!!! Smiley

I sprayed mine afterwards with clear enamel and looked really nice and they didn't tear anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...