i bet some of you had these bedsheets when you were younger! i know i did - laura ashley was TEH SHIZ in the early 90's
i will mention that this is not my original bedsheet - my mom would kill me if she knew i ripped up a laura ashley - but it's a bedskirt i found at goodwill about a year ago. i've been hanging onto it, patiently waiting for the right inspiration. i think i finally found it.
i used the same pattern i did for my spring dress (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225087.0
) - new look 6557, view D. changes i made:
- lined the entire bodice (pattern only calls for the boobs to be lined)
- added bias tape trim to the top of the dress
- added piping to the two bodice seams (dear god, i hate doing piping)
- thickened the straps and made the undersides a contrasting color
- put a ruffle on the bottom (and before anyone thinks i'm awesome at ruffles, i'm not. it was part of the bedskirt i used)
- added a skirt liner and put hot pink+red tulle along the bottom
i think that's it! everyone is serged, lined, and the zipper is hot pink. i really wanted this to be as over-the-top as possible. i hope i accomplished it?
full frontal (heh heh)
the top. check out my awesome piping skillz.
close-up of the ruffles on the bottom with the tulle peeking out. tulle is really annoying to work with, by the way.
and here are some of my attempts at an action shot. sorry for the dirty hair and silly faces, and the fact that you can't see the bottom - i live alone, and my cat hasn't yet learned how to use the camera. work with me here, guys:
please let me know what you think!