A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 313,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: If you were going to buy a Drum Carder...  (Read 1137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pmpknpunk
« on: February 07, 2008 10:52:19 AM »

Which model would you buy and where would you buy it from?!  I think I'm ready to make the investment, which would you say is the best value for what you get and where would you go to buy it from? I don't really have a LYS so I am thinking internet is going to be my only option. Grin TIA for the help!!!

Oh and if you have one what do you love/hate about it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008 10:56:19 AM »

Hey! It might be a good idea to use the search function Cheesy Here iis a very helpful post:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31431.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
pmpknpunk
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008 12:10:19 PM »

Ok then, sorry I'd delete it but I can't. Feel free to if it is that big of deal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fiberwish

Wool Today...Yarn Tomorrow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008 03:16:29 AM »

Hey! It might be a good idea to use the search function Cheesy Here iis a very helpful post:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31431.0

I had that link sent to me when I first asked, and I really didn't want to take the time and read through thousands of paragraphs.  Call me lazy.

I always LOVE LOVE LOVE to see new threads on the "Drum Carder Question", it's the reason I come to this website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmpknpunk
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008 05:40:00 AM »

Thanks for the support on that one Fiberwish! I didn't really see any true "opinions" on likes or dislikes of certain carders in that link. I ended up buying a Louet drum carder (not the roving, the regular one). I'm waiting for it in the mail right now and I am super excited about it! I just liked the all around look of it, that it came with all the accessories, and what I read about it on the louet website. I think it will be a good investment since I have ALOT of alpaca fiber coming my way in May!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fiberwish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008 04:34:25 PM »

I didn't really see any true "opinions" on likes or dislikes of certain carders in that link.

I didn't either.  It seemed more (to me at least) to be a "I have x carder" kind of thread.  I didn't really see much about why or why not a certain brand/type of carder might be a good choice.  But, then again, maybe I didn't read far enough into it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008 04:35:34 PM by Fiberwish » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fiberwish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008 04:41:14 PM »

Also, as the times change, so do our choices in fiber equipment.  So I think if 5-10 new threads of this nature showed up per week, then it would most definitely show a trend in moving the right direction.  Right Direction=Keeping Up With Modern Times

There will always be new technological advances in the making of our beloved equipment.  And thankfully, there are always those (we) who think that things could be made better! 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008 04:42:32 PM by Fiberwish » THIS ROCKS   Logged
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008 09:57:01 AM »

You know... I got a Patrick Green carder (well, actually, I have two, but never mind) which is the sort I wanted, because a book recommended them, but I can't afford a new one, and because it's used, I had a hellish time to find replacement belts for it?  So, honestly, I'm not certain it makes much of a difference what sort you get, because there's always going to be some problem...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Postage Stamp Cards
Crazy Cacti
Meatless Monday: Biryani Masala Spice Mix

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...