A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
172 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Valentine's "outfit"  (Read 1900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
themoonisout
« on: February 06, 2008 12:55:42 PM »

One day last semester my BF had a surprise for me. When I finally made it back to campus after some long weekend or something, I discovered it was a nylon cheapy French maid outfit.  Huh

Well, at least he was thinking about me. For a while now I've been planning/slowly working on more sophisticated (maybe) outfits for him if that's what he's into. But I'm having a hard time and I'd really like to finish one or two for V-DAY.

Any ideas for easy lingerie-esque outfits in themes such as maids and nurses and whatever other weird fantasies boys apparently have? I've looked through tutorials to see what can be modified...Really I'm just curious to what you guys think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aislingrose
I beat my boyfriend at guitar hero

he claims he let me win.... right.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 02:33:23 PM »

Well if you're up to sewing from a pattern, there's a bunch of "risque" looking outfits in the costume section. They seem to be towards the back now that the fall season is over with now.

If you wanna you don't wanna sew or anything like that just get some lingerie and slap on some animal ears...like Mean Girls...

"I'm a mouse, duh."

hope that helps  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
themoonisout
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 04:05:26 PM »

Haha, well it was funny at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blondigirl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008 09:05:02 PM »

School girl.  Guys love it and its really easy to do.  Wet Seal has cute pleated plaid miniskirts. http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=102&subCategoryId=117&productId=6881
I wore it for my boyfriend for his birthday (it was his only request) and he loved it.

Otherwise, there are tutorials on here on making pasties.  You could always make some heart shaped ones for him...

Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethargic
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008 08:51:43 PM »

I agree with aislingrose. Making some more costume type rather than a full costume would be easier and sexier if you ask me. Like instead of a full blown french maid costume maybe some kind of black lingerie with white lace trim and you could wear black fishnets and a lace headband or something. hold a feather duster if he wanted to get more literal.

I think its great that he at least tried to do something for you to express his sexual interests. For a lot of guys they would be terrified to do anything of that sort. Big pansies.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
meriweather
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008 09:24:40 PM »

Some of the French Maid outfits I have seen use fluffy petticotes under them. Those tutus made with a band of elastic, strips of tulle, would work. There are tutes on here. Like the other replys said, then add fishnet hose, and a Betty Boop type voice maybe. Have fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magic happens
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...