A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
294 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Rd 11 - discussion  (Read 49973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RubyTuesday
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008 04:32:04 PM »

Thanks eveyone  Smiley I am thanking my stars that everyone is safe.  It does sound scary, I know I wouldn't want to be in a vehicle when it rolls!

I've decided I think I'd rather be a teenager than the parent of one... or two!
I'm sure he'll turn up in the early hours as if nothing's happened! oh to be 17 and invincible!! ...I'll be happy when he's tucked up in bed  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008 05:06:42 PM »

RT, so glad he and everyone else are okay! What a scary day. Phew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008 05:41:51 PM »

Oh my! I'm glad everyone is ok, RubyTuesday!

I just added some ferniness to my shop:

Now I'm off to plant a rabbits foot fern that I bought this morning  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2008 06:41:59 PM »

Haha--I forgot about the new round and was wondering where everyone was....  Roll Eyes

Wow RT--I can't imagine how frightening that news must have been. 

PW-Your felt is lovely!  Love the ferns.

Now to catch up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2008 07:21:07 PM »

OK, opinion time. Here is some wool top I dyed up for my multicolor packs. What's shown in the picture is a total of 6 ounces. Each length is doubled over the towel rack. I plan on dividing each length shown into two parts, making two 3-oz packs with six colors each.

The colors are ever so slightly washed out, but the picture is pretty good. Let's just say they're going to be a bit more vibrant and punchy in person.

As you can see, the red is not as saturated as I'd like. Now, red is a hard color to dye properly, and I think the tones go well with the others. But it just looks a little more wan than the rest. Potential claimers: Do you think this is good, or should I try overdyeing it with more red? It's a risk, and if people are happy with this I'll put it up like this. I just can't tell whether I'm being a perfectionist or not. Immediately after posting this, I took one more look at the picture, went and got the red roving and dunked it in vinegar. *sigh* My husband says, "it's the red that other reds make fun of." I think that was way harsh but really, he's right.

(P.S., blue and purple merino using the two colors in the right is on the way, plus a really spectacular wool roving named "Lagoon" using spare dyes that exceeded my expectations marvelously.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008 07:36:05 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008 08:08:36 PM »

Ohh, Miss V, those are so purrrrrrty! I sure wish someone would spin that up into some yummy yarn.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008 10:23:17 PM »

does "roll" mean crash the car?  I'm not familiar with that term.

Universal Studios today was COLD!  besides the gorgeous guy i spotted at lunch, sigh, i just wanted to stare at him and follow him all day, but he went another way then where i was going, i saw this girl hanging out with spongebob that was wearing the most interesting scarf.  (There was a lot of scarves around since it was cold.)  It looked like a granny square stitch scarf, except that it was just longwise, and not square at all.  if that makes any sense at all...  It was colorful, looked like scrap scarf, but nonetheless beautiful, and most unique scarf i saw today.  most definitely will try to duplicate it.

Even though most of the shows were the same as the last time i was there, I was still thoroughly entertained, i guess they don't call it hollywood for fun.

on a swap related note, i was just about to go look thru the shops when i realised I spent all my points.  so... i think I have to get crackin to actually making stuff now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008 11:33:29 PM »

I saw a really pretty scarf at the Gap a month or so ago that was knit out of this really lightweight (lace?) white slightly haloed yarn.  It was knit in granny squares and joined, two across the bottom and stacked two on top of one another to make the length (if that makes sense).  Super pretty.  I think it may have been crocheted, now that I think of it.  It was pretty!  Sounds similar to the one you are describing, maybe.  I'd love to see what you come up with. Smiley

Miss V!, those rovings look bee-ut-tiful.  I'm looking forward to seeing the purple/blue ones. Cheesy

I guess that means I have to get my bum in gear and set up a shop w/ points to spend. Smiley

EDITED: to clarify, and make sure I don't sound like I hate crochet. haha Cheesy
AND AGAIN: to clarify... sheesh!  ::yawns:: bedtime for sure!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008 11:36:20 PM by Legerdemain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2008 02:55:54 AM »

does "roll" mean crash the car?  I'm not familiar with that term.

Yes, and worse, it means the car flipped over. I'm so glad everyone was okay RT, that's a really scary thing to happen!

Love the ferns PW, especially the way you have them unfurling. I love the way they look when they're doing that.

Miss V, beautiful wool rainbow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2008 04:43:19 AM »

I showed that roving who's boss. I hit that thing with so much red dye. I was kind of angry with it for making me re-dye it at all. It's now a fire engine red, so bright it could strip paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...