A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
219 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mickey's Pants Cafe Curtains  (Read 2036 times)
Tags for this thread: curtains  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
taratg
Love=Make

Blog: www.gruenetree.com

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2008 01:23:59 PM »

Design 1: There's a mouse in my house
One of my neighbors (now a pal) who lives a few blocks down has a 2 year old son. This duo loves Mickey Mouse and wanted to incorporate the mouse into her son's room some how. Since he doesn't take naps in his room, blocking the light from the west facing window wasn't an issue. So it was design all the way.
Idea: Mickey's pants cafe curtains. These red canvas curtains are lined and feature white button felt appliques. I loved the idea of felt buttons because they were a different texture and so a learning aspect.
The trick with the buttons is- since the craft felt was very thin, the bold red (go for the orangey red as opposed to a blue red) showed right through. Solution- line the felt buttons. I used heat n bond to apply the lining to the felt and to apply the lined button to the curtain panel for effort less stitching.
Here is a basic break down of the Mickey's Pants curtain. Cut red panel to size, press side, bottom and top hems. Cut and prepare lined felt buttons and determine placement on red panel. Trace placement with water soluble marker. iron on lined felt buttons (be careful to iron back side of red panel. Do not place hot iron on poly craft felt or you will melt it).  Prepare curtain lining and pin it in place. Stitch side hems and bottom hem. Then stitch top. I made a rod pocket top but you can also go with tab or tie tops. trim threads and admire your cute as a BUTTON Mickey's pants curtains.
I am going to have design ideas as an ongoing feature on my blog, but I will try to update and post on craftster often. Lest I forget, just thought I would mention it if anyone is interested. That way you won't miss anything, and I don't have to feel guilty if I forget once or 12 times Smiley
Edit: Finished product in its new home
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 03:02:51 PM by taratg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to write and make, check it out here: www.gruenetree.com
Chel02
Kakusei Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008 02:28:31 PM »

haha cute ^_^ it juts needs like bedroom things that are also mickey Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Store!

www.kakusei-designs.co.nr

(opening sooon!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...