A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rasta Tam Dreaddie Hats w/bills attatched!  (Read 36409 times)
Tags for this thread: tam  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

zzah
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005 03:07:40 PM »

oooooohh thank u so much sarah!  i can't wait to get started!  i will post pics when i am done for sure!  :^)

peace n luv 2 u!
Z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love itself is the actual form of God."
Sri Ramana Maharshi

"Keep Quiet Here and Now. 
You are Happiness, you are Peace, you are Freedom.
Do not entertain any notions that you are in trouble. 
Be kind to yourself.
Open to your Heart and simply Be."

Poonjaji
frogsrock
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005 05:00:40 PM »

what yarn did you use in the first, company and color
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005 11:29:29 PM »

For the first pic (the pretty blue one) I used Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in a color called: waterfall.  It's the coolest yarn ever!  It automatically has really slow stripe patterns that emerge while you're crocheting or knitting.  And I think that rocks. Personally.  The second one (white and bluish) is Lily's  sugar n' cream in a denim color, I think?  And the last one is (I think) Caron Sayelle. Not sure of the color.  I made it a while ago with yarn I got at a Rite Aid near my house.  It's super cheap, and I was super poor.  But the yarn has this cool whisper silouette to it that's pretty fun...FYI!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzah
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005 05:38:50 PM »

hi sarah!  i just wanted to thank you again, and let you know i made the tam part of the hat...  and i LOVE it!  it is just perfect!  the problem i am having is with the bill part...  but i am getting ready to start working on that again.  i had to put it down for a while, cuz i was getting a little frustrated and not taking my time.  also i will post a pic of the tam later on tonite, when my sister gets home with the camera  Smiley

okay peace and luv 2 u!
Z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sri Ramana Maharshi

Be kind to yourself.

Poonjaji
patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005 01:04:08 AM »

Cool, mama Z!  I'm SOOO glad it worked out for you!  The bill takes some more concentration what with all the counting and keeping track and all.  I like to avoid all that as much as possible, but alas. Sometimes, paying attention is inevitable.  Damn!
  Yeah, the bill patt. is for worsted weight, and I've found it to work really well!  When using other weights of yarn, or in different gauges, you'll have to adjust.  I haven't sat down to figure that out, yet. But I may havt to soon.  PLEASE post your pix here, or at least post up a link so we all (especially ME!) can see your beautiful creation(s?)!! 
  As a side note, I've just knit some felted slippers with my birthday yarn- lamb's pride worsted wool.  I've never worked with that before, and it's the best!  I hope to post pix of that soon!  I've felted 1 round in the washer, but they could stand to go again.  The pattern is from knitty, fyi.  OK, gotta run!
PEACE everybody!
<3Sarah<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzah
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005 11:26:34 AM »

sorry it has taken me so long to post these pics, but here they are...  Smiley

yeah i am going to slow it down and probably work on the bill again tonight...  i got kinda frustrated, so i started sewing instead to take a break...  Smiley  thank you so much for all your help sarah!  Smiley  and yeah paying attention sometimes isn't my strongest point!  hahahahahahahaha  ooooooh and i would love to see the slippers, if it's cool, when ur done...  i dont know if u have the book, hip to crochet, but they have this cool felted like messenger bag that is so beautiful to me... but the process of felting seems a little intimidating right now.  but i am sure i will be trying it soon.

ok, peace and luv sis Smiley
Z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sri Ramana Maharshi

Be kind to yourself.

Poonjaji
croshay
Hand made hats and accessories, original crochet patterns

the Original Croshay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005 08:35:54 PM »

Hey girl your hats look great! That was my pattern for a bill from my old Livejournal -- I'm glad you kept it I thought it was lost! So cool to see how you took off with it!!
I don't have dreads so I wear my tam more like a beret.. with the brim turned back..

cheers!!

-Laura
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005 08:41:17 PM by croshay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005 03:42:04 PM »

croshay-  wow!! small world, huh?!?  THANK  YOU SO MUCH for that pattern!  I really do use it a LOT! =0)  And now all the kynd folks of craftster can use it, too!  And it will never be lost again! =0)

You were so cool to lend me a helping hand all that time ago, and I never forgot it!  Thanks again, mama! YOU ROCK!

Peace, Sarah~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pauly
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005 07:40:35 AM »

wow those are so hot, i wish i knew how to read patterns so i could make one.  Your dreads look really good too i can't wait till mine get that long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005 12:10:12 PM »

awh, thanks pauly!  You should learn how to read patterns- it's easy once you get the hang of it.  But I must admit- I winged it for quite a while before i started venturing out into the wide world of patterns!

And thanks for the dreadie comps!  Y'all just gotta be patient, patient, PATIENT!  I looked like a dork for months before I thought my dreads were even approaching cool. But that's what everyone has to go through.  So, buck up, man! =0)

peace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...