A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,485
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: simple slippers *NOW WITH PATTERN*  (Read 133399 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
angelwings219
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008 11:54:12 AM »

those are really cute....thanks for the pattern... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alexandraf
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008 11:01:01 PM »

These are so cute, thanks for posting the pattern! I will definitely be making a pair for myself, as I am being cheap this winter and keeping the heating costs to a minimum. Cheesy

I especially like the pink ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Extrapolate that!
lowree
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008 06:43:47 AM »

I am attempting in making these slippers. (wish me luck) I have about 8 ridges done on the 'heel' part (I just started) My question is, the P stitch that you do..........are the two inner ones facing one way and the P stitches towards both ends facing the other way?

I havent' knitted in years, and I attempted to make a pair of mittens, but you use 4 DPNS and I don't think I am ready for that..lol I got the jist of what I was doing with the mittens, but in brushing up my knitting skills, i never new there were different styles of knitting (continental~English).... I taught myself the english method, but REALLY want to train myself in the continental. Working w/ 2 needles in brushing up my skills will be a lot easier for me so thats why I am attempting these sleepers.

I followed (so i think i did) the first two steps in creating ridges of the heel, but my two inner rows of P stitches are on one side of the garment, where as the two closes to the edge of P stitching are facing the other side of the garment.. is that correct?? if it's not, where did i go wrong?

Thanks for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lowree
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008 06:45:06 AM »

oops correction that is slippers not sleepers! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lowree
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008 07:27:23 AM »

I tried to take a picture to better explain what I am talking about.. Am i doing this right?? OH, btw, i know there is a boo-boo but i am learning here, and just went on w/ out correcting it because i didn't notice it until I was on the next row......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008 08:14:46 AM »

YES! that is correct! doing this allows the slippers to fold easily to form the flaps, sides, and heels. keep doing what you're doing! i think if you look at my pictures of finished ones, you can see those inner P stitches along the top edge where the flap folds down.

they look great and i can't wait to see the finished product!! how cool!!!!!! Grin

by the way...my husband walked by and thought your slippers were mine because i have a pair with the same colors. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lowree
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008 08:28:50 AM »

LOL, tell him not yet.............not unless you just wear the 'cuffs'...LOL... well maybe i should rip out what i've done to fix that one P stitch since I am doing them right? do you think it will matter where that boo boo is located if I leave it go?? or should i rip it out?

THANKS for all your help! and the pattern of course!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008 08:59:33 AM »

hmm...to be honest, i really didn't even notice that you marked that mistake. as for fixing it, that's really up to you. if they're just for you, then i wouldn't worry about it because that boo boo is actually going to be on the sole and no one will see it. plus, it's at the beginning and that's a lot to frog. maybe if it was only a row/ridge or two back i would say fix it.

feel free to ask if you have any other questions!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreams
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019 09:42:52 AM »

I haven't knitted for quite some time, so I have a question. After doing the first half of the 16th "ridge" it says to cast off six stitches at the beginning and at the end. When casting off the last six stitches, do you cut the yarn and then re-attach to start the toe area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
May 22, 2019 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Slick Coat Rack
Give Me a Hand

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...