A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
173 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my first wallet!  (Read 2213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2005 10:34:21 AM »

I spent forever on this wallet making sure I was sewing straight and everything lined up.  Plus I ended up seamripping just about EVERYTHING and resewing.  When I finally got to sewing the outer fabric and the inner fabric together, I first sewing it upside-down  Undecided  But it ended up nice.  The sewing isn't straight on the little plastic ID holder, I might try to glue some ribbon or something over it to make it look nicer.  Also I would have prefered something other than velcro (and I wasn't thinking when I put the ID holder in, so the velcro had to be on the side)... but I did'nt have anything else at the time.  Other than that, I'm very satisfied!  It's super thin and holds just what it needs to!  It was also my frist time working with felt and embroidering thread and everything, but I think the little flower looks okay Smiley

I also forgot to attach a little bit of fabric with a tiny d-ring on it so I could attach a coin purse or wallet chain or something to it, but I forgot.  Any tips on how to sew it in now that it's done so that it still looks good?

Anyway, here it is...

My first wallet!

This is what the outside looks like all stretched out.

And the inside...

I attempted to take a photo showing how thin it was... this was the result, you can still kinda see.

It matches the iPod case I made a year ago!  Except the fabric looks much less worn (that iPod is also never out of its case!)

Oh, and the fabric is from an old dress my aunt gave me when she was having a moving sale.  I loved it, so I made an iPod case and then didn't touch it until now.  I think I might have to make a coin purse to match and add just a little bit of detailing on the next purse I make in it as well.  I'd have a whole set!

The inspiration for the pattern came from this thread, I just liked the way it was organized and tried to sort of copy it while altering it to my needs.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2005 10:42:18 AM by Silly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
RobertBlue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005 11:24:20 AM »

That's really pretty.  I especially like the felt flower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luvsquilts
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005 12:22:49 PM »

You did a great job!  I love the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
ITZA
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005 01:31:17 PM »

Are you sure this is your first wallet ?

You should have seen my first wallet.  Yours looks like it came new from the box!  It is beautiful and you did a fantastic job.  I enjoyed your story about the fabric.  I can see why you like it so much.  It is very pretty.

Anyway - Congrats!  It looks great and you should be very proud of yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bliss_in_Exile

Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005 04:52:54 PM »

Beautiful work Cheesy Definitely time well spent.
I'm new to my sewing machine and its taking me forever to make a purse. I too have been ripping out seams and redoing them over again...such a pain in the (_|_) but I love it nonetheless...
Anyhoo...lovely, lovely job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loveliness
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005 01:06:52 AM »

I can't believe that this is your first wallet-creation! I'm impressed, well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005 02:49:19 AM »

thats really cute.
i love the flower on top. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Autywon

and we'd be like oooh we're in a movie.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005 07:01:04 AM »

i like it. i love the love flap with the flower. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

APPLY SOME PRESSUER.
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005 08:45:17 AM »

Thanks Cheesy

I'm glad you like it, it was actually really simple to make, as far as the pattern goes.  It wasn't hard at all to figure out how to sew it, the only trouble was making sure everything was straight and lined up and all the cards would fit just right inside.  It requires a lot of patience, but I actually found it to be one of the simplest things I've ever made.

Unfortunately, I didn't leave a lot of edge (or whatever, I don't know sewing terms) for sewing up the top flap, so I had to it really close to the edge and a little of it has come undone, so I have to decide how to fix it so it'll still look good.  I'm considering sewing a little piece of ribbon wrapped around the edge to add a little decoration, but I might just stitch it up by hand so it's not too noticeable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...